Marco Coleman | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marco Coleman

J

jd13

masrco coleman

what do you guys think about picking up the former dolphin if he gets cut on june 1st??? i would rather have him than burnett or sinclair...if coleman doesnt redo his contract the skins will release him...

Well it pretty much comes down to whether we can afford him and McCardell because neither is going to come very cheaply and I would like to see us make a serious run at McCardell.

i totally agree with you...i think we need mckardell or carter more than a de...i dont like what im hearing about chris chambers ankle...i also would rather have another veteran lb than de

Actually if Marco Coleman would be willing to come here for cheap, he would be a great pickup. Since he has a hertiage with us, and he is still effective, he can fill that role of the plug-in pass rushing DE that we lost when Trace Armstrong left.

I don' t know who Masrco Coleman is.

MARCO Coleman is a player who is very stout defending the run, but he's only so so as a pass rusher. He'd be good insurance for Daryl Gardener.

Coleman and Burnett would be the two player I target.

As I've stated before, I'd rather go after someone like Burnett. Somebody who can hold up at the point of attack.

As for a pass-rushing DE, I think David Bowens will do the trick. He can get to the QB and he brings a lot of energy to the DL.

I think Adewale Ogunleye is going to be the pass rusher.

Coleman can hold at the POA very well.

I think AO's got some improving to do overall from last year. I think he has to get stronger. In scrimmages with the Bucs last August, Kenyatta Walker was really stalemating him. Putting him on his azz, even on passing downs. And Walker wasn't that solid in August. JT was totally dominating him. And Bromell was having success as well. AO really didn't impress me as I hoped he would, in August or during the season.

David Bowens showed much more as a pass rusher last year. So I think Ogun's chasing Bowens. But DCH said that AO looked much improved in mini's. So that's encouraging. The potential is there, though. The position certainly isn't set yet.

i hope ao gets it done like he did in college he was going to be a superstar until the injury bug got him . so i hope he regain his ability

Originally posted by Muck
As I've stated before, I'd rather go after someone like Burnett. Somebody who can hold up at the point of attack.

As for a pass-rushing DE, I think David Bowens will do the trick. He can get to the QB and he brings a lot of energy to the DL.
toally agree Muck, but I like Coleman over Burnett and the run-stopping backup DE. Not sure he w/b OK w/that role though - so he's only back in Aqua and Orange if he really want to win the big one and to be re-united w/ol' Tim Bo :D

MARCO COLEMAN COME HOME!

I was thrilled the year Shula took both Coleman and Vincent in the top of the first round the year they came out. Both players were my wish list guys for the Fins that year! I was so happy.

When the Fins came to SD and Coleman was on the squad (Same year Kirby was our RB Starter) I took my oldest boy to his first Fins game. He was pretty aware of who the top players were...Offerdahl, Dan, etc.....and Coleman.

We caught Coleman just as he was heading out to dinner. My boy had his favorite Marco Coleman Card and asked Marco to sign it, even though Coleman was clearly in a hurry to catch his ride. He told my boy (then 4 or so) that he'd catch him when he got back in a few hours. I remember thinking...yeah right!

When he returned alot of people were flooding the team hotel wanting autographics, and there was a huge crowd at the lobby area door. He walked through the middle of the crowd BEFORE HE SIGNED ANYONE ELSE'S AUTOGRAPH STUFF, found my son, and autographed his card. I was so happy for my son, and very proud of Marco Coleman. I will always remember him doing that and being a man of his word. That was a nice weekend signings wise, my boy got McDuffie, Webb, Sims, Stoyo, Higgs, and the man named Dan!

the latest...

Redskins | More On Coleman - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
20:09 PT: The Washington Post reports Washington Redskins DE Marco Coleman appears to be resisting the idea he restructure his contract to remain with the team. The team likely would release him next month if he refuses. Coleman is not attending the voluntary practices and was not available to comment. As noted earlier, the Redskins would clear more than $3.5 million of salary cap room by releasing Coleman after June 1.

it looks like coleman does not want to redo his contract...i would love to see him come back to miami...if gardener or taylor were injured than coleman could step right in and we would still be o.k.

The only way this could happen is for him to take a HUGE paycut.
He is making 3.5 mil, so, I don't know if this is a "Vet Minimum" type of guy. I don't see us dishing out big bucks for a guy that is on the down side of his career. I'm sure he would be a big help to the team, but, I just think it comes down to a money issue.
Doesn't it always?

Back
Top Bottom