Marcus Spriggs Released... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marcus Spriggs Released...

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
...by the BROWNS. Heh :)

Browns | Spriggs Released - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
15:54 PT: The Cleveland Browns have announced the release of DT Marcus Spriggs.

Sorry for the scare, couldn't resist. Also the Cowboys released Byron Frisch, the Vikings released OJ Santiago, Jerry Ostroski has officially retired from the NFL (bad news for the Bills)...

AND last but certainly not least, our OLD FRIEND, OJ Brigance, has just been released by the Patriots. :(

I believe he's gotten a super bowl ring two years in a row now...with the Ravens then the Pats. Maybe he's a good luck charm, hehe.

Brandon Winney

was also released. Maybe we can get him back.:happydrin

What do you guys think about Troy Andrew starting?? He's been starting in practice for the other injured lineman right now.

It scares me that we are counting on a O-LINE to open up holes for RICKY with a guy that wasn't drafted and don't get me wrong, there are diamonds in the rough but I just don't see TROY ANDREW being that!! He played for DUKE in a sorry ass weak ACC schedule!! I just would rather see him in a backup or emergency role!! I am panicking with the O-LINE SITCH!!! We are weak up front, as much as I hate to say it!!! It's the simple truth!! The PHINS will pick someone up on the WAIVER WIRE which should only bring up the REDFLAG!!!

Originally posted by chambers84
What do you guys think about Troy Andrew starting?? He's been starting in practice for the other injured lineman right now.

i have always liked troy andrew. i saw him play live last year agianst the Bills when Dixon went down. i was impressed how he played at teh most crucial point in the game and did very well. of course we were passing the whole time so his run blocking wasnt scrutinized but i have always thought that wise thought he was a scrappy guy.

Originally posted by Phinmaster1354
It scares me that we are counting on a O-LINE to open up holes for RICKY with a guy that wasn't drafted and don't get me wrong, there are diamonds in the rough but I just don't see TROY ANDREW being that!! He played for DUKE in a sorry ass weak ACC schedule!! I just would rather see him in a backup or emergency role!! I am panicking with the O-LINE SITCH!!! We are weak up front, as much as I hate to say it!!! It's the simple truth!! The PHINS will pick someone up on the WAIVER WIRE which should only bring up the REDFLAG!!!

i think you may be judging a bit too early. i think we are much more stornger up front than last year. spencer falou? cmon. we have a good backup center now and searcy. Nails at LG will bring some defenite power to teh line. these guys need time to gel.

It has more to do with RW's than the OL...

... any offensive coach will tell you the HB makes the OL. It's so rare to have a situation like they had in Denver those few years where it didn't matter who you put behind that OL. But one could argue it all started when they got T. Davis that gave them all that confidence.

Football is 90% mental, it always has been and always will be. Especially in the NFL where each team is so closely matched as far as talent.

Oliver...

Originally posted by finfan54

i think you may be judging a bit too early. i think we are much more stornger up front than last year. spencer falou? cmon. we have a good backup center now and searcy. Nails at LG will bring some defenite power to teh line. these guys need time to gel.

Back
Top Bottom