Mare | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mare

FinsAreLife

F-A-L
Reaction score
Olindo Mare has been here for awile and had some really good seasons and some bad seasons but has been on the decline for the last ocuple of seasons if he has a bad season do we give him the boot and the same with matt turk

if we can get another cheaper good kicker he is gone same with Turk and any other player

JAREDMANN said:
if we can get another cheaper good kicker he is gone same with Turk and any other player

yeah...its just seems like turk hasnt been producing for us and mare could be a lot better

I wish we could have got the punter from Tennessee... Colquitt... hope I spelled that right, kid can boom one.

Turk played great last year. Why would we cut him?

Actually i wouldnt be surprised at all if mare came out and had a great season...basically its a contract year for the guy and he knows he has to impress saban to stay

I could see him going 23-26 Field Goals 38/38 XP

mare has gotten better and worse. he is has gotten better as far as range. he probably has one of if not the strongest legs in the league. he's pretty much a touchback macine. however, with the new power he has lost some accuracy towards FG's. personally, i'd rather have accuracy but whatever.

FinsAreLife said:
Olindo Mare has been here for awile and had some really good seasons and some bad seasons but has been on the decline for the last ocuple of seasons if he has a bad season do we give him the boot and the same with matt turk

Turk could be (pardon the pun) on his last leg. I haven't been too impressed with the punters we've had in the JJ and DW eras...I guess they just don't give that much emphasis on that part of the game (they have concentrated more on coverage than length and placement). As far as Mare goes, if he has another poor year, he will be asked to take a pay cut or be cut (IMO). But if he bounces back to his place of two seasons ago...he won't be gone. We seem to forget that he was the most accurate in the league for a career until the end of the 2003 season when Vanderjagt took over...While he has struggled some on his accuracy, his leg is still strong. He was hurt the most by Westhoff and (the wheelchair guy, his name escapes me) leaving. That was perhaps Wanny's second worst move as far as coaches go (of course, the OC carosel was the worst decisions he ever made). I think Mare missed Westhoff and his setup of the KO's.

No

Matt Turk had a hell of a year last season, and im surprised his leg didnt fall off from all that punting

Mare last year did very well except he was hurt but he perservred and came back when many other kickers woulda quit.

Buddwalk said:
Actually i wouldnt be surprised at all if mare came out and had a great season...basically its a contract year for the guy and he knows he has to impress saban to stay

i could very well see that happening

Turk was the man last year.. I dont know why you would want to cut him. I always liked Mare until he missed th 2 FG's two years ago against the Pats. That would have gained us a playoff birth and we would not have to see that ovetime bomb played over and over again. They were chip shots especially for a 2 mill a year kicker, and i dont care if they were out of the infield he should be able to adapt to that, its not like it was the first time he ever had to kick from that surface.

i think Mare has had his best seasons behind him.

we should take a chance with a young cheap kicker, and mabey Gary Anderson as a back-up, he still has a great leg, and i consider him the best Kicker of all time.

i forgot when it was but remember when turk got a bad snap and ran with the ball he got like 20 yards it was hilarious.

Buddwalk said:

i think you have the stats screwed up, because he is going to miss more than 3 field goals and we not going to score 38 tds. besides that, there arent really any good kickers in free agency, so he is our best bet right now. however, we should have never signed him for 2 million dollars. if mare gets 2 mil for missing a 20 yd field goal, y shouldnt wes welker make 2 mil for making a 28 yd field goal and an extra point and return kicks.

Back
Top Bottom