Marino Hates Bubble Screens And I Do Too | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino Hates Bubble Screens And I Do Too

I wish Marino played now so it could be preserved in crystal clear 4k for prosperity...

I missed all of it basically. I would really appreciate a high quality recording of his career.

However, Gase would probably bench him for refusing to throw a 3 yard pass on 3rd and long!

Watching that Marino clip just increases my hatred for the offensive philosophy of Philbin and Gase.

I completely agree! I can’t believe that fans put up with that ***** play calling. The rules now encourage QBs to take shots.

****ing beautiful!!! I remember watching this game, possibly the greatest game that I have watched.

Gase would have never called that play.
Few coaches would roll with that call on 4th and 5. Shula and Marino had not one **** to give.

But Gase has obviously never studied leaguewide trends, since he calls so many screens on 3rd down. I'm not sure they would matter to him anyway since he's an arrogant type who believes in his own personnel.

Send 911 I'm dying from irony poisoning

I wish Marino played now so it could be preserved in crystal clear 4k for prosperity...

I missed all of it basically. I would really appreciate a high quality recording of his career.

Wow. First of all good for you being young! But yea -- played through HS and watched football from the mid 60s through Marino's era -- and for my dime he was the single most dominant MACHINE ever on the field. Sure, you have Butkass and Lawrence Taylor, and some great RBs etc. but the rest of the QB pack is "unspectacular" when directly compared to Dan.

Here's a really good example of what Dan could do -- and how devastating his talent was -- all the way back to 1984. I hope you watch the whole game.

No reason to believe that having them in the playbook isn't a collaboration between Gase and Tannehill.

I remember a few years back when Lazor was getting heat for not letting Tannehill audible at his will and have more input. After Taylor replaced Lazor later in the year Tannehill and Lazor collaborated on the game plan against the Jets and it was screen passes, passes at the LOS and passes 2-3 yards past the LOS. They wore out Landry in the first couple of drives and he was garbage after that. Pretty sure Miami lost that game scoring 14 points or something like that.

Throwing short is who Tannehill is, what he is comfortable with and what he does best. Mostly, he hasn't been successful throwing deep until the run game is working and short passes bring the DBs in.

Last edited:
Wow. First of all good for you being young! But yea -- played through HS and watched football from the mid 60s through Marino's era -- and for my dime he was the single most dominant MACHINE ever on the field. Sure, you have Butkass and Lawrence Taylor, and some great RBs etc. but the rest of the QB pack is "unspectacular" when directly compared to Dan.

Here's a really good example of what Dan could do -- and how devastating his talent was -- all the way back to 1984. I hope you watch the whole game.

Thank you! I will watch it all.

Back
Top Bottom