Marino makes the All-Time Team | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino makes the All-Time Team

Well deserved.
I can't stand to watch that show with Bellichick on it though. And almost every major football show on TV has to have a former Patriot on it. Apparently the other 31 teams in the league aren't capable of producing commentators besides the cowboys I suppose.

It's one of the greatest injustices in sports that he never won a superbowl. What a great day that would have been for all of us fans.
After he got there early on, I was like we're gonna be in this damn thing every year. How wrong I was, so sad...

Glad Dan made it!

No Drew Brees, WTF?!

Glad Dan made it!

No Drew Brees, WTF?!
I agree. I hate these types of lists, because they are never fair for someone. Brees getting left out is wrong.

I also don’t think comparisons are fair. For example, no two QBs or RBs shared the same experiences. Marino never had a Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, etc... The lines that Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith ran from we’re not created equal either. Even receivers come into this. Would Jerry Rice have been nearly as successful if he had a Jay Fiedler throwing the ball to him? It’s a team sport, and each player’s success is dependent on those around him. Then you’ve got rule changes that contribute to it all.

I guess it’s all for fun, but these lists are never fair.

I agree. I hate these types of lists, because they are never fair for someone. Brees getting left out is wrong.

I also don’t think comparisons are fair. For example, no two QBs or RBs shared the same experiences. Marino never had a Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, etc... The lines that Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith ran from we’re not created equal either. Even receivers come into this. Would Jerry Rice have been nearly as successful if he had a Jay Fiedler throwing the ball to him? It’s a team sport, and each player’s success is dependent on those around him. Then you’ve got rule changes that contribute to it all.

I guess it’s all for fun, but these lists are never fair.
Someone deserving ALWAYS gets left off, but then again, where do you stop...

Back
Top Bottom