Marino on Ricky Williams situation and Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino on Ricky Williams situation and Dolphins

Well, I gotta say Danny is dead on. Ricky Williams although he suffers from mental issues is a great talent. He hurt us all in the worst way last year. But this is a new season, and Ricky has a chance to redeem himself. So why not give him the benefit of the doubt, and let him help this team win. At least this time we have insurance in Ronnie Brown right?

Marino knows best, too bad he didn't shed any light on the QB situation, but we can't ask Dan for everything!

Good read. Marino makes some good points.

Well, RopeWeed is something we can do nothing about. Since it's inevitable, we might as well fall in line and support Saban on this one. I hope to gosh this damned thing doesn't blow up on him.

Agua said:
Well, RopeWeed is something we can do nothing about. Since it's inevitable, we might as well fall in line and support Saban on this one. I hope to gosh this damned thing doesn't blow up on him.

Honestly, how on Earth could it blow up in his face? I cannot think of a single scenario in which Ricky Williams would be a detriment.. The only one that would come close is if Ronnie Brown goes down, then Ricky promptly retires.. But, we would be in the exact same position whether we took Ricky back or not, so that scenario is irrelevant imo..

The Ricky detractors need to understand that the Dolphins are NOT basing their entire offense around Ricky Williams EVER again.. Now he is just ADDED value, a compliment to our offense, NOT the focus. There is not a single scenario where Ricky would "blow up" in his face.

``Everybody forgives people. So over time, I guess you'd probably want him back and understand that he's had some problems,'' said Marino, the Dolphins' quarterback for 17 seasons. ``At the time, it's tough because you're going into a season that was made very difficult for a lot of people who've been working so hard.''

``People make mistakes all the time,'' Marino said. ``You can't condemn him for life.''

Well, that right there lets us know Dan doesn't visit these boards to read!!

Schleprock said:
``Everybody forgives people. So over time, I guess you'd probably want him back and understand that he's had some problems,'' said Marino, the Dolphins' quarterback for 17 seasons. ``At the time, it's tough because you're going into a season that was made very difficult for a lot of people who've been working so hard.''

``People make mistakes all the time,'' Marino said. ``You can't condemn him for life.''

Well, that right there lets us know Dan doesn't visit these boards to read!!

Everyone knows that Dan goes by the username of "Muck" on FH.. I thought it was common knowledge. :D

SkapePhin said:
Honestly, how on Earth could it blow up in his face? I cannot think of a single scenario in which Ricky Williams would be a detriment.. The only one that would come close is if Ronnie Brown goes down, then Ricky promptly retires.. But, we would be in the exact same position whether we took Ricky back or not, so that scenario is irrelevant imo..

The Ricky detractors need to understand that the Dolphins are NOT basing their entire offense around Ricky Williams EVER again.. Now he is just ADDED value, a compliment to our offense, NOT the focus. There is not a single scenario where Ricky would "blow up" in his face.

The scorn that will fall on the team if he quits or fails another drug test is one. The disrespect it demonstrates to the guys who did their job and resentment they may harbour is two. I could think up several more if I was feeling particularly ambitious, but I'm not.

Outstanding read, particularly when you consider Marino has been known for (at times) painful objectivity in his analysis of his former team.

DrAstroZoom said:
Outstanding read, particularly when you consider Marino has been known for (at times) painful objectivity in his analysis of his former team.

You know what AZ, your post got me to wondering, what if Marino came out and ripped Saban for his moves, whose side would you fall on? It would be tough but I would have to support the person with the most direct influence on my team (in this particular case)

Agua said:

Glad to see you came around. :D
Resistence was futile. :borg:

Yes, b*(@#$*ing and moaning about it is going to serve no purpose. As Saban frequently says, "what is ... is".

Back
Top Bottom