Marino Statement=ESPN Untrue | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino Statement=ESPN Untrue

Big O pointed out that Marino and Mort have the same agent. It might have been true, and Miami quickly promised Dan more power.

Originally posted by PhinKev
Big O pointed out that Marino and Mort have the same agent. It might have been true, and Miami quickly promised Dan more power.

Well, later Armando straightened the BigO out on that one...He said that Mort does is own contract and then has Marino's agent look over it.

It would be EXTREMELY stupid for Marino's agent to give Mort any inside information...especially of this nature.

Both beat Dolphin beat reporters downplayed the story. Second thoughts? You have second thoughts when you decide to get married. They both affirmed Marino's desire to get to work.

Mort = drama

"Marino needs a few days off from his long weekend with his other two jobs. "

or

"Marino is having second thoughts about taking his new job. He wants to take some time to think about it...to see if this is what he really wants to do."

Feel the drama dolphin fans. Believe what you want to believe. I tend to lean toward the Marino not being a liar theory.

Originally posted by chambers84
Marino probably just mase a little comment, and it was turned into something other than it really is.

Yea he did. It's like I said in the first thread about this. Marino was deciding whether he wanted to dive into this full time or part time-

''He's having discussions with owner Wayne Huzienga about his role [which is loosely defined] . . . [and is] wrestling with the idea to do the job full throttle or not at all,'' Mortensen said.

That's from the Herald. I never saw this as he's stepping down, but trying to figure out his level of dedication.

I apologize to all those who I called "idiots" for believing this story to be true; I never thought a man like Marino would allow himself to be publicly castrated in this manner. I have truly lost a certain degree of respect for one of the guys I grew up loving so I'm a bit down right now. Again, I'm sorry to any I might have offended.

NavyFishFan, I hope you've calmed down enough to see how completely wrong you were with this one.

Mort has never reported something as completely baseless in all the time I've read his work. Now, John Clayton OTOH.....

Originally posted by fin-atic
On Channel 7 out of Miami Marino relaeased a statement that said:

"The ESPN statement is not true. I look forward to assuming my position as Senior Vice President of Football Operations with the Miami Dolphins, and I am excited about the opportunity"

So everyone can take a valium.
wish i had of read this thread first. i expressed my disappointment in another.
anyway, thanks fin-atic!;)

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
NavyFishFan, I hope you've calmed down enough to see how completely wrong you were with this one.

Mort has never reported something as completely baseless in all the time I've read his work. Now, John Clayton OTOH.....

ESPN in general has declined. No way around it.

Mort was right on this one, he did his job.

Back
Top Bottom