Marino's GREATEST game... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino's GREATEST game...

TIP

Starter
Reaction score
Dolfans and non-dolpfans, what do you think Marino's greatest game was. Statistically or just from pure genius, doesn't matter. I'm in a toos-up between the fake spike game and the game against the Patriots to open the season after surgery the year before. Oh, and would anybody know where to get these games on video, trade or buy or whatever????Thanks for looking at my post. ;)

Thats a tough call. The fake spike game was awesome, then again that time he shreded the Jets for nearly 600 yards(I am not sure, I want to say it was in 94, I have to look that up)

I wouldn't include any game in which we lost to be Marino's "greatest game", no matter if he threw for 5 miles.

Dolphins vs Redskins when Marino threw 5 TD's and over 500 yds it was a season opener in D.C when they where still playing at RFK

I have a few favorites.

The '85 Bears game when we protected the undefeated season.

The "Fake Spike" Game. (my favorite single Marino play)

The 1994 Season Opener against New England. Dan was coming off of his achillies injury and everyone was starting to wonder if Dan was becoming brittle. Could the achillies hold up? Can Dan make it through a season?

...He threw for over 400 yards and 4 TD's in a roasting of the patsies.

I believe the Afc Championship game vs Pittsburgh I believe is the game he described as his "greatest." I think his best game was the New England game after he ripped up his achillies.

I agree with the AFC title game against the Steelers The Berars game and the comeback game against the Pats. Remember Kosar called the fake spike from the sideline.

DolphinDevil28 said:
I have a few favorites.

The '85 Bears game when we protected the undefeated season.

The "Fake Spike" Game. (my favorite single Marino play)

The 1994 Season Opener against New England. Dan was coming off of his achillies injury and everyone was starting to wonder if Dan was becoming brittle. Could the achillies hold up? Can Dan make it through a season?

...He threw for over 400 yards and 4 TD's in a roasting of the patsies.

Game against the Pats was huge because many had written him off then. Talk about aerial yardage Bledsoe threw for over 400 too... Great game to watch minus Defense.

AFC championship against Pitt and 85 bears.I'd say the Bears game is the best no QB played good against the bears until Marino that year and the protection of the undefeated season.

The season opener against the pats was arguably #1. If I remember right there was a 4th and 1 late in that game with Fryar split wide to the ride, with Marino and Fryar each giving the look, I think man coverage... and he hit Fryar on a streak down the right sideline for a 40yd TD pass. Sooo Nice!

I'd have to say that '94 opener against the Pats. He was coming off his achillies injury and went toe to toe with a young Bledsoe. It was just plain fun to watch as he picked the Pats apart and hit Fryar at the end to win it! The next week, he was on SI's cover! It came at a time when you wondered if Marino would still be Marino - and he was, at least for a couple more years. I loved it.

Runners up:

-That game they lost against the Jets when he threw for like 521 yards. I still can't believe they lost by 10! I remember Dick Enberg getting so excited every time the Phins got the ball.
-Spike game
-Bear's MNF game, '85

Damn I miss that guy!!! :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom