Marino's Hunt for the RING continues...... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino's Hunt for the RING continues......

I don't think it's a good idea either. Of the two former Dolphins players, Paul Warfield, would have been the better choice. At least he has some experience!

Dan WILL NOT be the GM. He will be in more of an Eddie Jones type role.

We'll know alot more at 5 PM.

Originally posted by Section126

Jerry West
Ozzie Newsome
Larry Bird
Isiah Thomas

i get your point, but the jury is still out on isiah, and bird did it for a VERY short time. so what we have gathered its, its basically hit or miss on former great athletes. this team is close NOW, and the core defense isn't getting any younger...can we afford to allow dan time to grow into the position?

i personally would have preferred a proven front office guy who knows football personnel and can get the pieces needed to win NOW!!

Last edited by a moderator:
They still might hire a GM.........looking like Spielman.....Hank says that Wolf said no. This GM interview process was a farce..........I know for a FACT, that Eddie Jones and Bryan Weidmeir made recommendations to Wayne....and Wayne only wanted one guy........Ron Wolf..........

Today is a horrible day for Eddie Jones and Bryan Weidmeir.....Now they know that Wayne doesn't care what they think......He just does what he wants anyway........

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP

i get your point, but the jury is still out on isiah, and bird did it for a VERY short time. so what we have gathered its, its basically hit or miss on former great athletes. this team is close NOW, and the core defense isn't getting any younger...can we afford to allow dan time to grow into the position.

i personally would have preferred a proven front office guy who knows football personnel and can get the pieces needed to win NOW!!

Add Kevin McHale, and Rusy Tomjanovich......McHale has built a pretty good Timberwolves team............Tomjanovish built a world champion and then quit the GM Job to just coach.......:confused:

Add Kevin McHale, and Rusy Tomjanovich......McHale has built a pretty good Timberwolves team............Tomjanovish built a world champion and then quit the GM Job to just coach.......:confused:
McHale looks good cause he pays the players under the table:lol:

j/k..he's done well since then

ok, but throwing out more names doesn't answer my question. i can throw out two more sh*tty GMs to counter yours, but the fact is...this team doesn't need to be built from the ground up, just a few more pieces. i want a guy that will come in and has experience and history, and can provide what this team needs RIGHT NOW

I love the way everyone talks about "Front Office" experience like he is going to have to give Powerpoint presentations at 3M's annual shareholders conference.

People, he is Head of Football Operations!!

and Dan knows football.

Boy do I want him to win one.......He now has another chance......

I don't imagine that's why he's doing this. A ring from being in the FO is rather meaningless to a guy like him. Ask bledsoe how much he covets his.

I think this might work it sounds to me Spielman is in charge of signing people and drafting. the way it sounds is that Spielman will come up with the ideas and Marino says if he agrees with it or not but I think Marino will listen and learn an maybe help make decisions. Hopefully work as a team.

Back
Top Bottom