Marino's Son | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino's Son

Tommatt said:
I hope hes good, I mean, wouldn't be awesome to have marinos son our QB in the future? Maybe he could get that ring for his old man :)

You know we are feeling hopeless when...:(

Autism is a pervasive developmental disorder. It is characterized by a lack of socialization and an inability to effectivly communicate. As a previous poster said, it effects all people differently, but a few can over come it. Odd things can set them off too. Like red dye #20. The dye in food coloring can make them anxious and agitated for some reason.
I'm a therapist and I have a few autistic clients. They can be very challenging, but very rewarding at the same time.

FemaleFinFan said:
Autism is a pervasive developmental disorder. It is characterized by a lack of socialization and an inability to effectivly communicate. As a previous poster said, it effects all people differently, but a few can over come it. Odd things can set them off too. Like red dye #20. The dye in food coloring can make them anxious and agitated for some reason.
I'm a therapist and I have a few autistic clients. They can be very challenging, but very rewarding at the same time.

Hey Doc... we've got a few staffers that need some therapy... are you interested in being the Staff's resident mental expert? Wait... I think Wharfy is already our mental expert... well... he's mental anyhow.

Annnnnnnyway... I've always hoped Marino's son could play football for us. I'm one of those people who just can't let go though :D On that same note though... it didn't work out too well for Bob's kid.

Dan Marino Jr went to my high school down south (North Broward). i am pretty sure he atleast be a senior because i am pretty sure he was a freshman when i was a senior. and he didnt play football. honestly, he was in drama and was really into musicals and stuff. Marino Sr would always be at our school plays. he is pretty much the exact opposite of Marino Sr. he was kinda flamboyant too. sorry to break all of your guys hearts by tellin u this but there is no way that kid plays football. and definatly would never be a second comming of Dan the Man. he was a dork. seriously... a big dork. he grew up with the name Dan Marino and basicly tried to be the exact opposite of his dad. oh... and he didnt have autism... that is his other son.

saves said:
I thought Michael somehow "cured" his Autism?
He did. He's actually a miracle in that instead of being left behind kids his age academically, he not only caught in a short time but last I heard he was actually a grade ahead of where he should have been.

Michael overcame his autism a few years ago. Here's Jay Glazer's 2002 article about it. Excellent story. Required reading for any Dolfan.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/5957706

Glazer said something to the effect of it being the most memorable story he ever covered.

Sgt.FinFan said:
It was on NBC when they were talking to Marino about Michael his
son who overcame autism. He is the one who's a QB.

yeah I was gonna say michael has it. And yeah, he has a bunch, but I meant his oldest, sorry, I forgot to write that

My oldest son, Zach has autism. He will be three in May and he does not speak. Zach is on the mild side of the Autistic spectrum and he receives therapy 4 times a week. Even though he does not speak, he is extremely intelligent. He knows what he wants and will lead you by the hand to what he wants to do. Michael is the autistic son of Dan Marino. There is no cure for autism. Michael Marino is one of the few who have progressed to the point that no longer display autistic characteristics. As for Michael playing professionally, I'd say the odds are slim and none due to him being autistic. He excels at an advanced level in some subjects and other subjects he needs specialized help. In his case he does function like normal teenagers of his age. My wife and I will leave no stone unturned in our efforts to help Zach. We have even discussed the possibility of relocating to South Florida to get Zach treatment at Marino's center for children with Autism and developmental disorders. I wish we could speak with Dan and his wife Claire to share our experiences with our son Zach and their son Michael. I can't tell you how hard it is to watch someone you love so much struggle with Autism. Please pray for our son Zach and all families who have loved ones with Autism. My photo is of our son Zach. He's a sweet little boy.

SabanMinion said:
Dan Marino Jr went to my high school down south (North Broward). i am pretty sure he atleast be a senior because i am pretty sure he was a freshman when i was a senior. and he didnt play football. honestly, he was in drama and was really into musicals and stuff. Marino Sr would always be at our school plays. he is pretty much the exact opposite of Marino Sr. he was kinda flamboyant too. sorry to break all of your guys hearts by tellin u this but there is no way that kid plays football. and definatly would never be a second comming of Dan the Man. he was a dork. seriously... a big dork. he grew up with the name Dan Marino and basicly tried to be the exact opposite of his dad. oh... and he didnt have autism... that is his other son.

At the end of Inside the NFL's last episode after the Super Bowl, they did a special video tribute to Dan for being elected to the Hall, which included video clips of his family saying how proud they are of him. When the clip came of Dan Jr. he basically said he had a great dad who didn't put pressure on him because he wasn't into playing sports. It is Michael (who has overcome his autism) who is playing QB. And for what I heard (I think on QAM radio) he has potential. For what I recall, I think he is only a Sophmore?

I have a question about people who overcome autism.

Is it possible (or likely) that someone, such as Michael Marino, could revert back to their previous affliction??

I hate to even broach the subject. But I'd really like to be educated on it.

When NBC did the report on Mikey, it made it look like he was playing QB. I don't know if it was him - wondered if it was his brother.

But, whoever it was, threw the ball exactly like Dan - very quick release, right from the ear, and little arm ****. Looked excellent. Of course having the same mechanicks doesn't mean the same talent.

Muck said:

Is it possible (or likely) that someone, such as Michael Marino, could revert back to their previous affliction??

From what I've read, the cases are so few with respect to those who have overcome this, to whatever degree, that I don't think there's enough evidence to say - one way or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muck

QUOTE=Da 'Fins]From what I've read, the cases are so few with respect to those who have overcome this, to whatever degree, that I don't think there's enough evidence to say - one way or another.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't be suprised if they reverted back to some of their ways, or if they still went off and became anxious and agitated eaisley now and then.

Michael is the athlete in the family. He is a sophmore. He did have Autism but he played through it. He was a hockey goalie in his youth. I played against him many times.(I usually won). He is a great kid has tallent and I root for him contsantly
P.s.
Dan Marino after every game always shook everyones hand from each team and told them that they did a great job. He always joked with me because i was the other goalie. Good times. Always a class act. Even played catch with my little brother.

Back
Top Bottom