mario edwards big mistake | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

mario edwards big mistake

There's no such thing as a "big mistake" when you sign a player to a 1-year deal.

I know its just depth, but that doesnt exuse the fact that the guy isnt very good. This is the first Saban move I've disagreed with. Wasn't Edwards the guy that Chambers kept torching on Thanksgiving last year? He made Fiedler look like Marino.

Some of you guys make me laugh. We signed Edwards to be a big SP player for us. I dont know where he stands at what his role will be in the defense (nickel, dime CB) But if he does bad during TC and pre-season, Saban can just cut him and be done with that.

Yeah, if he ever gets matched up with a good WR....we're toast. FINE. Who else would we get for our 4th CB so we don't have that problem, should we pursue Ty Law for that position?? If Edwards is our 4th CB next year, and IMO he will be, how many teams will have a better one?? Not many. He was a bad starter for Dallas for a couple years....but a bad starter can be a more than adequate back-up IMO.

Marino1983 said:
Yeah and how does this friend of yours know how Saban will utilize Edwards?
B Belichick was ridiculed when he signed R Harrison because it was thought that Harrison was washed up... All Harrison did was become a defensive leader and make plays!
I am not trying to compare Harrison (a saftey) with Edwards (a conerback) but 2nd and 3rd tier players are what have helped the patsies win 3 s-b's!

Marino1983

I don't think Rodney Harrison is a 2nd or 3rd tier player. He has been one of the best safeties in the league his entire career. He was a beast in San Diego and he still makes huge plays at his age for New England.

In my opinion, Mario Edwards is a horrible corner. He gives up big plays and gets beat a lot. Now, I understand this happened on a different team and he when he was in a starting role...so hopefully Saban can use this guy so he isn't such a liability.

Ummmmmmm... just out of curiosity, how can a ONE year deal for a NICKEL/DIME corner be considered a huge mistake???

He is better then Wyrick!

jcaponio said:
I know its just depth, but that doesnt exuse the fact that the guy isnt very good. This is the first Saban move I've disagreed with. Wasn't Edwards the guy that Chambers kept torching on Thanksgiving last year? He made Fiedler look like Marino.

OH.............MY....................GOD...........

Of course he's not any good...................he's a friggin' #4 or #5 CB.

NO team has a "good" #4 or #5 CB..............he's better than Wyrick was.

We just UPGRADED that spot over Wyrick!
And..........adds to special teams depth.
And..........can be cut in training camp if sucks.

Good move Saban!

mario edwards was getting smoked by jay fiedler! :roflmao:

but he'll be a 4th corner, so its not so bad.

zuper_man said:
I don't think Rodney Harrison is a 2nd or 3rd tier player. He has been one of the best safeties in the league his entire career. He was a beast in San Diego and he still makes huge plays at his age for New England.
Gee then I wonder why the Chargers released him if he was considered "a beast"?
And why Harrison wasn't hotly pursued by alot more teams when the Bolt's released him?
:hmmm:

Marino1983

Marino1983 said:
Gee then I wonder why the Chargers released him if he was considered "a beast"?
And why Harrison wasn't hotly pursued by alot more teams when the Bolt's released him?
:hmmm:

Marino1983

He looked washed up in his last year. Bellicheck basically put him in a box to make hits and help in run support unlike Marty who put him in coverage way too much.

Jaj said:
He looked washed up in his last year. Bellicheck basically put him in a box to make hits and help in run support unlike Marty who put him in coverage way too much.
Hum and that is exactly my point!!

Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom