mario edwards big mistake | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

mario edwards big mistake

He's definately just going to be a special teams / nickel / dime player. He has great size for a what he's going to be doing. 6'0'' 200 lbs

I havent even taken the time to read this thread because this is by far the worst acquisition made since Saban has taken over so im sure this has been stated many times. MARIO EDWARDS is awful. There's really no facts that support otherwise. In my opinion, he's among the worst in the league at his respected position. I dont care if he was brought in to play ST. If he is playing defense at any point in the game, it allows offense to focus on a glaring weakness much like they did at the end of the Cincinatti game when Jimmy Wyrick was matched up on Chad Johnson, and much like teams did every game when he played for the Cowboys and Buccaneers.

SpurzN703 said:
Lucky for Saban, your opinion doesn't matter much :lol:

I guess facts dont matter much either then. Because you dont need others opinions when all you have to do is look at his body of work to see this guy is useless.

mario edwards could be a great nickel or dime CB. I think it's grea signing for that role.

SPURZN703, hey man i also live in Fairfax, Virginia. Right now i attend Brock University in Canada, but i live in Fairfax, in a town called Vienna.

As for Mario Edwards...i dont know much about him. I looked at his stats and he doesnt look too good. But he was a starter with Dallas and Tampa so he must be okay. He is definetely a depth guy, but as for how good or bad he is....how farkin bad do u have to be for the Buccaneers to release you??

If u look at it...we signed a bunch of guys who arent real good, like Mario Edwards, Travares Tillman, Damion Cook, Travis Minor, Donnie Spragan, Sage Rosenfels...who else?? i cant remember...but with the signing of all these players, we COULD HAVE signed a big name Offensive lineman. That upsets me.

Marino1983 said:
Yeah and how does this friend of yours know how Saban will utilize Edwards?
B Belichick was ridiculed when he signed R Harrison because it was thought that Harrison was washed up... All Harrison did was become a defensive leader and make plays!
I am not trying to compare Harrison (a saftey) with Edwards (a conerback) but 2nd and 3rd tier players are what have helped the patsies win 3 s-b's!

Marino1983

I dunno about you but Rodney Harrison is no 2nd or 3rd tier player San Diego was dumb to let him go.

ItalianDolFan said:
SPURZN703, hey man i also live in Fairfax, Virginia. Right now i attend Brock University in Canada, but i live in Fairfax, in a town called Vienna.

As for Mario Edwards...i dont know much about him. I looked at his stats and he doesnt look too good. But he was a starter with Dallas and Tampa so he must be okay. He is definetely a depth guy, but as for how good or bad he is....how farkin bad do u have to be for the Buccaneers to release you??

If u look at it...we signed a bunch of guys who arent real good, like Mario Edwards, Travares Tillman, Damion Cook, Travis Minor, Donnie Spragan, Sage Rosenfels...who else?? i cant remember...but with the signing of all these players, we COULD HAVE signed a big name Offensive lineman. That upsets me.

What big name offensive lineman are you talking about?
Jonas Jennings he's nothing special he was simply the best guy out there and someone priced them out of our range.
Mike Wahle maybe? We already have Jeno James at LG and although Wahle can play tackle it's no guarantee. None, I repeat, none of us know the incredibly detailed specifics that is the Salary Cap (fitting in Kevin Carter's salary for example instead of an OL maybe there's an argument, but really who else was out there that was leaps and bounds better than what we have? I didn't see many.

"One man's trash, is another man's treasure"....

It's all coaching. Saban has the coaching skills. Maybe all Edwards needs is kick in the ***....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Mile High Fin said:
OH.............MY....................GOD...........

Of course he's not any good...................he's a friggin' #4 or #5 CB.

NO team has a "good" #4 or #5 CB..............he's better than Wyrick was.

We just UPGRADED that spot over Wyrick!
And..........adds to special teams depth.
And..........can be cut in training camp if sucks.

Good move Saban!

So you're admitting he's terrible, and saying good move, so you're saying it was a good move to pick up a bad player? Why not give this spot to somebody who has some potential, instead of this bum who has proven over the last few years that he just cant hang. If he were such a good dime DB, you would figure Tampa or Dallas would have hung on to him at such a cheap price.

I can't see this guy as more than a Dime DB, but if Saban thinks he can do more with the guy, I'm okay with this. Good to have depth and if he really bites he won't make it out of training camp.

jcaponio said:
So you're admitting he's terrible, and saying good move, so you're saying it was a good move to pick up a bad player? Why not give this spot to somebody who has some potential, instead of this bum who has proven over the last few years that he just cant hang. If he were such a good dime DB, you would figure Tampa or Dallas would have hung on to him at such a cheap price.

He's better than Wyrick..................therefore, UPGRADE.

You can have your opinion..................

Saban and myself will have ours :cooldude:

:D

Mile High Fin said:
Saban and myself will have ours :cooldude:
:D

SABAN and urself? Im sorry dude, but i dont think anybody on this forum has the same opinions as Nick Saban. The guy is a football God, and if anyone on here had the same opinions as him...theyd be on Miami's coaching staff. :tongue:

he may not even make the team. we didn't sign this guy to replace Surtain or anything. chill.

i dont think it was a HUGE mistake - he'll definitely provide depth for our secondary

i remember seeing a game last year where he looked pretty bad though

he seems to be more of a physical corner which cant be good with the nfl cracking down on dbs for overly physical play

Back
Top Bottom