"Mario Edwards has the inside track starting opposite Madison" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Mario Edwards has the inside track starting opposite Madison"

Schleprock

Mad and Surt...Legendary
Club Member
Reaction score
That's what it says today in the Sun-Sent article (June 10, 2005). Says he has the inside track right now over Howard and Daniels. I'm not one to cry and whine about all the player moves, etc, like many...however, God I hope this isn't true. Ask a Cowboys fan...he sucks. Ask a Bucs fan...he sucks. What does this say about our #2 corner spot now if Edwards is a starter?

i hope that travis daniels becomes the stater. i would like to see it this year but dont know if its going to happen. by next year i hope he and will pole can be are staters assuming madison is no longer here

hmmm... Edwards is the prototypical CB that Saban likes, talent aside.

He is tall and big with long arms. Saban brought him in 'coz he liked the guy.

Schleprock said:
That's what it says today in the Sun-Sent article (June 10, 2005). Says he has the inside track right now over Howard and Daniels. I'm not one to cry and whine about all the player moves, etc, like many...however, God I hope this isn't true. Ask a Cowboys fan...he sucks. Ask a Bucs fan...he sucks. What does this say about our #2 corner spot now if Edwards is a starter?

I happen to be very good friends with a Cowboys fan, and my father is a Bucs fans, and yes i can deffinatley confirm that. He was terrible as a starter in Dallas, and avearge at best as a #3 in Tampa Bay. I really hope Howard and Daniels beat him out.

were in trouble then, cuz he is terrible...were gonna have to amp up our offer for a gimpy ty law, if saban doesnt wanna be completely terrible in the backfield

Schleprock said:
He sucked in THOSE defenses. He may be a better fit in Saban's type of defense.

shouright said:

Thats a good point also. Seems like Saban's defense revolves around the pass rush, forcing the QB to make mistakes. That kind of Defense makes any DB look better.

shouright said:
Why, does Saban's defense teach/provide instincts, speed, quickness, and hands?

Come on guys.. lets be real. Saban is not going to start a guy that he thinks is horrible or isnt getting the job done. Yes we have seen that in the past but this is a new era of Dolphins. I think Saban is smart enough to not do that.

SpeedRush99 said:
Thats a good point also. Seems like Saban's defense revolves around the pass rush, forcing the QB to make mistakes. That kind of Defense makes any DB look better.

Plus we are going to have a good pass rush considering everything Saban has done to the line was in favor of Jason Taylor

Sheesh. It's not even July yet. Relax. THnigs will shake out and Saban will start the best man for the job.

I'm not worried, but this did catch me by surprise. I had penciled in Reggie Howard.

I was very shocked to see that Edwards is ahead of Howard and Daniels. I did expect him to be our Dimeback this year. Like PhinKev said, its not July yet and things will change.

No worries

Well, just know this, if he has the inside track to the others it is for a reason. Saban as well as Belllichick know how to get the best out of players (i.e. play to their strengths)...perfect example, Last years BB played and UNDRAFTED ROOKIE, Randall Gay, because of injury to the others, and due to the scheme he played for the WHOLE defense, he wasn't exposed to his flawes...meaning he played to his strangts, and if memory serves me right, he played darn impressive for what was expected...

I just say, let's not see what some of the players have done, rather, let's see what the coaches have done with mediocre players. You'll be surprised how a players' abilities acn be ressurected under a better suited scheme.

Also remember this is not THE YEAR...this is the beginning and this is not the SABAN prototype team yet...let's be patient and have faith in the system Saban is implementing...

Back
Top Bottom