Mario Williams can improve both OL & DL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mario Williams can improve both OL & DL

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
We have to let Vernon walk.. He is not the greatest run-stopper and I would say a little bit inconsistent. If we sign Williams, imagine this O-line practicing everyday against Suh & Williams - the best in the business....

Just watch Buffalo play last year and you will see why Williams is still one of the top 10 or 20 players in this league. Can Bellicheat really create a game plan to double team both Suh and Williams? That would leave Wake one-on-one with a TE!!! :hump: By just thinking about this, I get exited for next season already.

This is definitely a win-win situation for us miserable Dolphins fans!!!

Please Ross.... Sign him NOW!!!!

that is what we thought last year. we thought the guards would play better, and that didn't work. for the OL to be better, we need better linemen

what just dawned on me was that we would have had Bush and Mario now from that draft - 1/2 in 2006

You can still get both! Bush is a FA this year too, and his injury last year was calf related so nothing horribly serious. He would be a cheap vet 2nd back if we decide to start Ajayi.

Williams is the best in what business?

Colored contact lenses?

If he didn't try very hard in the actual games what makes you think that he is a good practice player?

We have to let Vernon walk.. He is not the greatest run-stopper and I would say a little bit inconsistent. If we sign Williams, imagine this O-line practicing everyday against Suh & Williams - the best in the business....

In a passing league where 50-60 snaps are run through the subdefense you also need young pass rushers. OV fits that bill. Price is iffy certainly.

Just watch Buffalo play last year and you will see why Williams is still one of the top 10 or 20 players in this league.

Last year was Williams worst season to date.

Can Bellicheat really create a game plan to double team both Suh and Williams? That would leave Wake one-on-one with a TE!!! :hump: By just thinking about this, I get exited for next season already.

You just answered your own question.

Just watch Buffalo play last year and you will see why Williams is still one of the top 10 or 20 players in this league. Can Bellicheat really create a game plan to double team both Suh and Williams? That would leave Wake one-on-one with a TE!!! :hump: By just thinking about this, I get exited for next season already.

This is definitely a win-win situation for us miserable Dolphins fans!!!

Please Ross.... Sign him NOW!!!!

Just for the record no one Doubles Mario anymore either

Mario is 31, played 15 games last year with 19 total tackles and 5 sacks in a contract year. He was not the Lone Ranger on Buff's DL with Darius, etc.

There were 7 games when he did not have a tackle, assist or sack. There were 3 more when he had 1 tackle or assist and no sacks. Guess his agent told him he did not need to play for a contract as he has a name fans and teams will want. Yeah, he's a much better option than OV. lol

You do realize that many NFL teams barely hit each other after training camp right? So a few weeks of training camp may help a little but that logic is overblown.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/10/04/nfl-coaches-frustrated-lack-practice-time/F7e3C8QzCeuqMLLU3I616H/story.html

The new CBA cut the offseason program by five weeks, reduced the number of offseason practices from 14 to 10, reduced the number of padded practices during the regular season to 14 (in 17 weeks), increased the number of offdays during training camp, and, most significantly, eliminated two-a-day practices from training camp.

You can still get both! Bush is a FA this year too, and his injury last year was calf related so nothing horribly serious. He would be a cheap vet 2nd back if we decide to start Ajayi.

In Gase's last year in Denver, Peyton broke records, but their leading rusher was Moreno, with 1,038 yards, 4.3 average. Also targeted 74 times, for 60 catches and 548 yards. so when you talk RB, one can conclude he is looking for a back to duplicate that. IDK, I don't think Miami sits on their hands, I think they go for a Martin or Forte

216 1,086 5.0 6 tds- Rushing
43 296 6.9 1 td- Receiving

those were Bush's numbers the last year he was with us, not too far off from what you're expecting with a rb under Gase.

Mario is 31, played 15 games last year with 19 total tackles and 5 sacks in a contract year. He was not the Lone Ranger on Buff's DL with Darius, etc.

There were 7 games when he did not have a tackle, assist or sack. There were 3 more when he had 1 tackle or assist and no sacks. Guess his agent told him he did not need to play for a contract as he has a name fans and teams will want. Yeah, he's a much better option than OV. lol

It wasnt a contract year, he was cut

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

Mike Wallace cut - eh?

maybe we resign him lol. we took on our version of a less accomplished mike wallace in Maxwell

Last Yr, I recall during TC how we'd see Wake & Suh on the same side.... that never materialized. Will we see Mario (if signed) & Suh do that that?

Back
Top Bottom