Marlins draft my brother | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marlins draft my brother

Samphin

Dolphins Homer
Reaction score
The Florida Marlins drafted a family member of mine today in the 40th round. none other than my brother in law Eric Basurto! He is rows in the mid 90's. The Marlins called a few weeks ago and had him fill out some paperwork so I don't think it was a surprise but still, esciting!. If he decides to join the team, I expect him to climb the ranks quickly, as long as he can stay healthy (he has broken his had twice this year).

On a sadder note, a good friend of mine went undrafted today. It surprises me because I have never seen a more gifted naturl baseball player. Foks is a guy, who when we played in high school, took Dontrelle Willis deep. He played college ball for Loyola Maramount and is an all around great guy. Oh well, I guess the scouts didn't see what seemingly everyone else did.

Anyhow, I just wanted to say congrats to Eric and hopefully this is a start of something big for him that I can mooch off of! :lol:

congrats man!

that broken hand probably cost him some cash as he went so late in the draft...

hope he rises the ranks quickly and we see him in Florida!

TerryTate said:
congrats man!

that broken hand probably cost him some cash as he went so late in the draft...

hope he rises the ranks quickly and we see him in Florida!

Here is hoping he is traded to the dodgers and becomes the next Sandy Koufax! We'll give you choi for ihm...wait Choi just had an RBI single...we'll give you uhm Duaner Sanchez for him.

Samphin said:
The Florida Marlins drafted a family member of mine today in the 40th round. none other than my brother in law Eric Basurto! He is rows in the mid 90's. The Marlins called a few weeks ago and had him fill out some paperwork so I don't think it was a surprise but still, esciting!. If he decides to join the team, I expect him to climb the ranks quickly, as long as he can stay healthy (he has broken his had twice this year).

On a sadder note, a good friend of mine went undrafted today. It surprises me because I have never seen a more gifted naturl baseball player. Foks is a guy, who when we played in high school, took Dontrelle Willis deep. He played college ball for Loyola Maramount and is an all around great guy. Oh well, I guess the scouts didn't see what seemingly everyone else did.

Anyhow, I just wanted to say congrats to Eric and hopefully this is a start of something big for him that I can mooch off of! :lol:

I know a little something about him.....

Eric Basurto 6-3 202 lbs. RHP. Chabot Col.

No wind up. Good 3/4 delivery. Plus velocity potential. Consistent 88-91 fastball. Table curve. Developing Slider with some bite. Cutter potential. Cutter is best out pitch. Good base.

Man he rows in the 90's!

Good thing Florida picked him, a lot of water down there! :rolleyes:

Good luck to your B-law!

Congrates to your Bro-in-law. Make sure you tell him to never give up on his dreams and keep on fighting.

That must be cool, congrats to your brother.

Back
Top Bottom