Marshall or Boldin for a 2nd rd pick..but which one... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marshall or Boldin for a 2nd rd pick..but which one...

Yes, I would rather have McClain or trade down and pick up more picks. I guess I've lost my mind :rolleyes2:

.... at least you admit it. an unproven linebacker that at best will be a solid linebacker in the league possible probowler over a top 3 reciever in the nfl that is still young and in his prime.

Neither. Anybody willing to give up a 2nd for a 29 year old injury prone WR on the decline isn't too bright. Anyone willing to give up a 2nd for a criminal who's one assault/domestic dispute/dui away from a year long suspension isn't too bright.

.... at least you admit it. an unproven linebacker that at best will be a solid linebacker in the league possible probowler over a top 3 reciever in the nfl that is still young and in his prime and about to be suspended for a year because he's a criminal who's guaranteed to pick up another assault in the near future
fixed it for you :rolleyes2:

Neither one. Boldin is injury prone and Marshall is time bomb just waiting to go off and we dont need that on the team.

If we trade our 2nd round pick we need to use it on defence, like an OLB or NT.

why wouldn't you? do you really think anyone we get in the first round will be anywhere near as good as marshall. Marshall has top 3 talent at WR right now and you would trade a first rounder for that? its really not even close. i know you have to build through the draft but this kid is as automatic as it gets. some people are saying mcclain is going to be good and solid not great. are you going to try and tell me you would rather have rolando mcclain over brandon marshall. if so you have lost your mind

Marshall's a thug. He is not happy unless he causing a problem. He had trouble in school, and more problems in Denver. That's why they could give him up for a 7th and he'll never be here. We could sign TO for free if we wanted to babysit. A 2nd is still too high for Boldin... a 3rd maybe. Boldin has been injured the last three years. Arizona should have gotten rid of him last year when his value was at it's peak.

Neither. Anybody willing to give up a 2nd for a 29 year old injury prone WR on the decline isn't too bright. Anyone willing to give up a 2nd for a criminal who's one assault/domestic dispute/dui away from a year long isn't too bright.

+1

My buddy, the forever AZ season ticket holder absolutely loves Boldin but thinks because he plays unselfishly and fearlessly, he'll always run a high risk of injury. In daily life, 30 is still a young man, but in the rough and tumble world of the NFL, Boldin is at a chronology where he'll injure more easily and require longer to heal. Factor in that he's dissatisfied in the first place, because he wants Fitzgerald type money, signing him becomes a riskier proposition than a 2nd round pick would justify.

Marshall is a stud, has proven he can perform for 2 types of QBs and in the perfect world, and at 25 or so, I can easily justify spending a first and writing up a new 5 year contract for him. BUT BUT BUT, in the real world, he is 1 off-field infraction away from at least a year suspension, and considering his track record of anti-social behavior, that's a real concern. Again, while I'm sure the Bronco's will get at least a 2nd for him, maybe with a player thrown in, IMO, giving up more than say, a 3rd with a Camarillo or Ginn throw-in is risky business.

There is a simple solution

Get B.Marshall to agree to signing a incentive contract with a clause that if he gets suspended again his contract goes void.

I would rather just grab Boldin for a 3rd, but this would be one way to deal with the risk of grabbing Marshall.

I wouldn't spend a 2nd round pick on Boldin. It would be costly to even spend a 3rd on him. I would rather put together a 4th and 6th round pick together with a player. Maybe send Camarillo and a 4th and 6th pick to Arizona for Boldin.

I know there are plenty of threads out there debating which wr would fit Miami best. My question is, lets say hypothetically both Arizona and Denver came to you as Miami front office and said you could have either Brandon Marshall or Anquan Boldin for a second round pick. Well then, which one would you take. I'm am curious, what would be said. I myself must admit am not a fan of Marshall. I like Boldin but for a second round pick at his age (30) not really sure. So who are you going to take and whats your reasons for choosing one over the other one.

Marshall.

Boldin. My concern with Marshall is that if we sign him and he gets the type of guaranteed money he wants he won't try as hard. We've already seen him act like a baby when doesn't get his way.

Back
Top Bottom