Martin fills a big need but ...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Martin fills a big need but ......

matt11390

Starter
Reaction score
Curry and Hill were still there. Now the stinking Jets are getting Hill. I like the OL we are forming but we need playmakers badly. Hopefully we will focus on them the rest of the draft.

I would have been happy with Curry, Hill or Martin....I'm just really happy we got one of the three. I would be all for trading back up if Curry somehow falls a little more.

They could still trade up for Curry. Maybe they can still pick up Lavonte David.

Martin only ran a 5.4 in the 40 at his pro day and only did 20 reps on the bench. He is not very strong and needs to add strength and improve in pass blocking

Curry was rated a 2nd Round guy.....Martin was a 1st round grade at a need position. We just got incredible value.

Stephen Hill is nice, but raw.....and he doesn't quite fit the WCO model b/c he's a raw route runner and long strider. This draft is pretty deep at WR too.

Yea the Jets got another weapon... But last time I checked their qbs were still Tebow and Sanchez. Doesn't matter how good your recievers are if your qbs are throwing it to the other team

can he sack the qb? can he catch touchdown passes? curry, randle, and alshon jeffery were all there, martin is a bad pick im sorry, this front office will never learn!

Martin only ran a 5.4 in the 40 at his pro day and only did 20 reps on the bench. He is not very strong and needs to add strength and improve in pass blocking

So? How many tackles run 40 yards in a game? DeCastro ran a 5.43 at the combine, Schwartz 5.45, Silatolu 5.43, Sanders 5.41, Adams 5.40, Zeitler 5.39, Osemele 5.36, etc....so he fits right in. The strength thing is something he'll need to work on.

A great O-lineman is harder to find than a WR, so Martin is the better pick. We will get a WR at 73 or 74 and I think also a TE.

Wanted Rueben Randle...OT was a need and we did get good value but our WR corps is woeful at the moment. I'm sure Ireland will pick up someone with one of our third round picks but we need playmakers. Obviously the coaching staff weren't sold on Murtha/Jerry filling in adequately at RT.

First priority: Protect the new QB. Now go get some play makers. WR and pass rusher.

i am so tired of this team passing on good players who were real good at their positions for players with questions in their game or just plane over rated like martin.

he is rated as hi as he was because of the great qb he had in front of him as well as all of the other stanford playmakers who kept the score board lit up. this happens, just see the colts o-line. when peyton was there, guys were pro bowl on the line. or highly rated. peyton gone, instant bums!!

vinny curry was a MUCH better selection, a bigger need and probably the last real pass rusher at DE left in the draft.

what are we going to do for a wr? we had hill in our hands, a guy as big and physical as marshall with much better speed. we pass and the jets trade 4 pics to jump up with a HUGE smile on their collective faces. hill is a much better wr than martin is a tackle.

and watching our division rivals wiping the floor with us draft wise is making it hurt that much more. the pats safety choice was a head scrather, but you know bill knows something we all dont and he will be flattening our te's for years to come.

just another wrong player at the wrong time.

but, i did say all along that when miami did decide to to take a tackle it would be someone who could also play the left side as jake long will be gone after this year. they will force him in at rt tackle and use him for a fill in lt after jake leaves. martin got absolutely schooled by more than one quality DE/olb in college, more than he should have at his position and reputation.

oh well, even charles clay said its obvious we are rebuilding. maybe something happens and ireland actually does get fired after 2013 season.

gotta have SOMETHING to hope for.

vinny curry was a MUCH better selection, a bigger need and probably the last real pass rusher at DE left in the draft.

If Curry was so good he would be gone already????

Curry and Hill were still there. Now the stinking Jets are getting Hill. I like the OL we are forming but we need playmakers badly. Hopefully we will focus on them the rest of the draft.

EXACTLY!!!!!
This is sickening. Stephen Hill was still on the board, there's a reason the Jets traded up in the 2nd to get him right after our pick.
We have been "working on our Oline for 5+ years, esp with Oline "Guru" Sporano.
Looks like we're still "working on it."
I agree the right side needs work but so does our offense. You wonder why we average freaking 14 pts a game. because lineman dont put points on the board. But 6'5 220lbs WR that run a 4.30 forty can score for you.
We may have solidified our right side a little bit, but we also missed out on a STUD in Stephen Hill. And it will be our corner backs who will be suffering the repercussions, twice a year, for years to come.

Back
Top Bottom