Martin Nance | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Martin Nance

cltchperf

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This has nothing against Chambers, but since Bostons and will be gone, and who knows with Marty Booker next season, I think it would be good if Miami could get a top receiver. I've seen some threads in the past about receivers that would be good, but I saw this guys scouting report from phinfever, back at the draft. Forget Braylon, Mike Williams or Troy, I was thinking that it would have been great if Miami got him, but he was an underclassman, and apparently wasn't going in to the 2005 draft. The one thing that you might have to worry about, is that he had an inury to his knee, ACL I beleive last season. It's taken off now, I would post from phinfever if I could but the report is not there anymore. I guess he was Ben's go to guy at Miami of Ohio.

http://muredhawks.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/nance_martin00.html
SN Exclusive NFL Draft Coverage

Current top 32 2006 NFL Draft Prospects. We don't rank them in draft order yet, just our idea of the top 32 before we even start the season.

25. Martin Nance, WR, Miami of Ohio: He's 6-5, 210 pounds but can run 4.4 in the 40. That adds up to a heck of a player. He is said to have run a 4.33 40yd dash before he got hurt. We will keep an eye on his progress.

Martin Nance, Miami (OH) – A knee injury prematurely ended Nance’s junior year, preventing him from following up on a magnificent sophomore season. He returned to the practice field in March, and expects to be ready for contact in August. Nance is a rangy 6-3 with a quick burst off the line and deceptive speed due to his long stride. He also has good hands, makes great adjustments on off-target passes and has worked hard since getting to Oxford on improving his yards after the catch. Now that Nance is close to 100% and quarterback Josh Betts has worked through his growing pains, the two could form a duo that rivals what Nance had with Ben Roethlisberger in 2003.
2003 Numbers – 90 catches for 1,498 yards and 11 TDs
Shades of… Chris Chambers

That's ironic.

Back
Top Bottom