Marty Loses on Sunday, Brian pulls out on Monday | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marty Loses on Sunday, Brian pulls out on Monday

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Club Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who finds the timing strange of Brian Shottenheimers "awakening", that he wasn't ready to be a head coach in the NFL?

The day after Marty loses a playoff game that likely will cost him his job?

I don't know guys, I'm not a big believer in coincedence.

I thinks its possible we're waiting to see if Marty gets the axe.

So don't burn your dolphin tickets yet, all of you that are so negative about Gailey and Mora, if it does end up being between those two, remember that Bill Cowher was asked by the Rooneys who should replace him, and the name he gave them was Chan Gailey.

I hope Wayne doesn't rush into anything until we know who's available. I'm just not sold on our candidates now.

Maybe Brian S. just likes his situation and feels he needs more grooming before becoming a HC, like he says.

Here's another possiblity. Marty had turned play calling over to Cameron. It may be that Marty gets rid of Cameron and brings in his son.

Maybe Brian S. just likes his situation and feels he needs more grooming before becoming a HC, like he says.

Maybe, and maybe its just a coincedence that his revelation came literally hours after his father lost a close game that will likely end his tenure in San Diego.

You have to consider the close connection of Shula and Shottenheimer and how many times Don had recommended Marty for this job in the past.

Of course, maybe like you said, Brian woke up and decided that he preferred cold, polluted New Jersey to South Beach, being the OC of the Jets versus being a head coach for a marquee franchise in a state with beautiful weather and no state income taxes............yeah your right, I'm sure that was it.

BlueFIn

Blue...

Who and when does the Fins name their coach. I am leaning toward Gailey myself. I think a Gailey-Capers duo makes perfect since. Oh what's take on Colt Brennen...this years Jay Cutler? Should the Fins put them on their radar screen?

Good Day :dolphins:

I hope Wayne doesn't rush into anything until we know who's available. I'm just not sold on our candidates now.

Didn't Wayne interview everyone and their brother? How many more potential candidates do you want? B Schottenheimer pulled out and Whisenhunt went to Arizona. That leaves a handful of names which it sounds like their leaning towards a guy with head coaching experience, Gailey or Mora Jr. I dont see whats so wrong with that???! :rolleyes:

Didn't Wayne interview everyone and their brother? How many more potential candidates do you want? B Schottenheimer pulled out and Whisenhunt went to Arizona. That leaves a handful of names which it sounds like their leaning towards a guy with head coaching experience, Gailey or Mora Jr. I dont see whats so wrong with that???! :rolleyes:

No one knows what's going to happen in San Diego. Cam and or Marty could be available this week. Parcells is undecided, there are other options. Just take your time to make the right choice, don't rush into it.

I could probably deal with Mora, but I'd much rather have Marty.....

As for Gailey, he's out of the question. If he's hired, I'll seriously consider not re-newing my season tickets....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

As for Gailey, he's out of the question. If he's hired, I'll seriously consider not re-newing my season tickets....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

I couldnt agree more. Mora vs Gailey to me isn't even close. I think everyone forgets that Gailey was our offensive coordinator a few years back and he wasn't good....vastly overrated imo.

Blue...

Who and when does the Fins name their coach. I am leaning toward Gailey myself. I think a Gailey-Capers duo makes perfect since. Oh what's take on Colt Brennen...this years Jay Cutler? Should the Fins put them on their radar screen?

Good Day :dolphins:

I think you might hear something today, I think it will possibly hinge on what happens to Marty in San Diego.

I do think they will want to talk to Marty if he is let go, its starting to become obvious that Cameron is not on their radar.

I'm ok with Gailey-Capers, I like the idea of retaining Capers ala Monte Kiffin in Tampa. Its not sexy but it may be the best we can do this year.

Regarding Brennen, I really haven't followed him, I was a big fan of Rivers and Cutler in the past, I was hoping Brohm was gonna come out this year.

PHINZ RULE!!!!

I'm ok with Mora if he's firmly committed to this thing and not waiting for the UW or Seahawk gig so he can go home. If we do hire him, I hope Wayne protects himself in the contract to prevent getting "Saban'ed" again.

Am I the only one who finds the timing strange of Brian Shottenheimers "awakening", that he wasn't ready to be a head coach in the NFL?

The day after Marty loses a playoff game that likely will cost him his job?

I don't know guys, I'm not a big believer in coincedence.

I thinks its possible we're waiting to see if Marty gets the axe.

So don't burn your dolphin tickets yet, all of you that are so negative about Gailey and Mora, if it does end up being between those two, remember that Bill Cowher was asked by the Rooneys who should replace him, and the name he gave them was Chan Gailey.

I know Godfather Don Shula is very high on marty becoming the HC of the Miami dolphins. I think we should get him, regardless of his playoff record. We need to get to the playoffs and he knows how.

I know Godfather Don Shula is very high on marty becoming the HC of the Miami dolphins. I think we should get him, regardless of his playoff record. We need to get to the playoffs and he knows how.

You know what? I never thought I'd hear myself say it, but I'm all for Marty coming in and getting this franchise back on track now.

When you look at whats out there, it makes alot of sense.

We have a veteran coaching staff and if Culpepper comes back full strength, we may not be as far off as many think.

Back
Top Bottom