Martz and Sherman Suck more than Wanny Ever Will | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Martz and Sherman Suck more than Wanny Ever Will

Dolfan4life

Starter
Reaction score
Wanny may not be your favorite guy, but I cannot remember him Coaching as bad of a game as Martz and Sherman did this past weekend.

Put Wanny in the same situations and the NFC Championship Game is St. Louis vs. Green Bay.

Wanny would have kicked the FG in the Green Bay game where they failed on 4th and Goal at the end of the 2nd half. That was poor coaching.

Martz abandoned his game plan at the end of regulation. Something Wanny sticks to. Martz also continued to throw the ball at the end of the first OT when a couple of solid runs would have been sufficient.

Some will say that Wanny does not win the big ones, but atleast he does not make the major bonehead mistakes that some coaches make.

i dunno , i have a feeling almost every coach would have gone for it on 4th, this is the playoffs, you have to be aggressive, there is no tomorrow, and sherman didn´t threw that duck that favre put up there at the end to loose it, although , converting on 4th and 26 doesn´t help......:lol:

No in the Playoffs, on the road, you take the points.

You also must make it clear to Favre that those BS passes he has been throwing up will not be tolerated.

Mike Sherman is a good coach, but called a lousy game. going for it on 4th and goal was not smart, not when you can go 2 possessions up on the road. Abandoning the run midway through the game was also mind-boggling. Still, with all those things how do you let them convert a 4th and 26?...why the hell weren't they in cover 3 instead of cover 2? Defensive coordinator ****ed up too. Martz is a great offensive coordinator but his game decisions are putrid

I agree that there is at least one coach who suffers brainlock more than Wannstedt. You've got the ball inside the red zone with 30 seconds left. How do you not get your team up to the line, spike the ball, and take a couple of shots at the end zone to win? I was actually hoping that Wilkins would have slipped on that field goal so that even Martz would have immediately realized what a buffoon he really is.

I have to say that I would've hoped Wanny would've went for it on 4th/Goal/Inches too. No way could he account for that pass Favre through at the end.

And in the St. Louis game, Martz totally wimped out. He was obviously worried about an INT because of the decrease in play of Bulger throughout the game. Still...you go with what got you there right?

You tell Favre not to force it. Let it come to you. They were running the ball effectively. If Wanny would have called a pass in OT people would be calling for the guilotene. Ahman Green and some conservative throws was all that was needed. Sherman cannot just let Favre throw lame duck passes all the time without correcting it.

Martz is just an ego maniac. He is stupid. Simple and True. With the line they have they should get 150 yards rushing no problem. Instead they pass every down.

You can even say that Vermeil made a mistake by not going for the onside kick. They weren't going to stop the Colts. They hadn't done it all day and they were not about to start. Hard to trust a D. That has already given up 38 points.

If the Rams were smart they'd demote Martz back to offensive coordinator & let Lovie Smith become the head coach. Martz is an idiot when it comes to making game decisions that a head coach would do.

I heard on t.v that the way Bulger played in the playoffs that warner might stay and they start him next year. I dont know about that decision he looked unhealthy the other night when they showed a sideline view of him.

Originally posted by Noland
I heard on t.v that the way Bulger played in the playoffs that warner might stay and they start him next year. I dont know about that decision he looked unhealthy the other night when they showed a sideline view of him.

Yeah, that's what John Clayton was saying after the Marino press conference on ESPNews. Oh well, I'd still rather have Brunell or Garcia for a year or two.

Originally posted by Dolfan4life
You tell Favre not to force it. Let it come to you. They were running the ball effectively. If Wanny would have called a pass in OT people would be calling for the guilotene. Ahman Green and some conservative throws was all that was needed. Sherman cannot just let Favre throw lame duck passes all the time without correcting it.

Martz is just an ego maniac. He is stupid. Simple and True. With the line they have they should get 150 yards rushing no problem. Instead they pass every down.

You can even say that Vermeil made a mistake by not going for the onside kick. They weren't going to stop the Colts. They hadn't done it all day and they were not about to start. Hard to trust a D. That has already given up 38 points.

I'm not disagreeing with you on Favre throwing the ball that way, BUT your defense absolutely has no HEART and completely sucks A** if you can't stop a 4th and 26!!! How the hell do you let that happen??? Piss-poor coverage and that what really cost Green Bay the game.

Originally posted by Noland

Both QBs(Warner, Bulger) suck IMO and neither can handle a pass rush and St Louis has a pretty good OLINE. With our OLINE right now, they'd get killed!! We'd be better off with Fiedler or someone with at least a little mobility.

Originally posted by SMadison29
If the Rams were smart they'd demote Martz back to offensive coordinator & let Lovie Smith become the head coach. Martz is an idiot when it comes to making game decisions that a head coach would do.

That would be something wouldn't it? I'm sure his ego wouldn't let that happen though.

Back
Top Bottom