Marv Levy on changing QB's and AFC East | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marv Levy on changing QB's and AFC East

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
There is no formula for when you change quarterbacks. I don't think there's a truism that relates to putting in the No. 2 quarterback. It varies from team to team. Sometimes one quarterback is in there and has been strugging, so a coach tries to do something to regenerate the production. Or maybe you see so much of one passer and say, "Allright, it's time to look at the other one." Sometimes a change is made because one QB is hurting a little bit. If a coach feels it should be made or worth the experiment to do it, it's up to him. If it works out, he's brilliant. If not, then why create a QB controversy?

--

The AFC East gets a little tighter

Troy Brown's touchdown in overtime put the Patriots (and everyone else) back in the AFC East race.
What a finish to the Patriots-Dolphins game down in Miami. As I have said before, missing a short-yardage field goal is inexcusable, and that's exactly what Dave Wannstedt is probably telling his special teams players after missing two of them, both of which could have won the game. I realize Olindo Mare's kick in overtime was off of the infield dirt at Pro Player Stadium, but it was still very makeable. George Allen used to tell me, "Believe me, three games are going to be decided by some vital kicking game plays." Well, this was one of them for New England and Miami.

After that terrible start, the Patriots have come back very respectably. Now this division is anybody's game -- even for the 2-4 Jets. Just like last year, we can't close the book on anybody in this division. The Jets started 0-4 a year ago and won it! With quarterback Chad Pennington coming back soon to help the Jets, it makes for an intriguing storyline for the rest of the season.

-----

Levy's Week 7 snapshot

By Marv Levy
Special to NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/6734109

Funny thing about Marv Levy though, he has lots to say
about the Dolphins all the time. But when it comes to
The Bills. Nada.

When Miami beat the Bills so badly not a word in his
Column, nor when they were getting slammed for
weeks after by other teams.

Gee do you think he's Biast? Nahh...

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by CpuFan
Funny thing about Marv Levy though, he has lots to say
about the Dolphins all the time. But when it comes to
The Bills. Nada.

When Miami beat the Bills so badly not a word in his
Column, nor when they were getting slammed for
weeks after by other teams.

Gee do you think he's Biast? Nahh...

I respect Levy.... I do not agree with alot of his opinions but he has earned the right to voice them ...

And as far as Levy not commenting on the goats,, Don Shula has not voiced criticism of the Dolphins,, at least not publicly..

I think that considering the successes that Shula and Levy had as h-c's,, they pretty much keep their opinions on how their former teams are doing out of the media .....

:D

Marino1983

He is right. Missing those two FG's is inexusable. Changing QB's isn't going to solve that. I just hope Griese lights it up and can move the defense off the line of scrimmage. I also hope the game doesn't come down to a FG. For those of you who hold your breadth when Fiedler passes, I'm going to do the same thing when Mare attempts a FG.

All in all it never should have came to a FG. We need someone in there who can put teams away when our D is playing well.

That is just not reality in the NFL. There are always games that come down to field goals. Ask Brian Griese, he was involved in one against Miami last year.

Back
Top Bottom