Marvin McNutt WR Iowa | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marvin McNutt WR Iowa

How do you suppose kent states team statistics would fare with the rest of the nation if they played sec competition every week? It's one thing to have 21st best total defense in the league and another to have such a defense against competition like akron, central michigan, bowling green, miami, and ohio.

you get on here and you just seem to rant. Insinuting that I dont understand marvin mcnutt and trent richardson are two completely different prospects and ahtletes. Again insinuating that I think it's a two man race between trich and miller time for the top rb prospect, when I clearly stated in sentence one of a post that I had no idea who is gonna be the better prospect. Insinuating for third time, that I know nothing about kent state. In the very game you gush about kent states defense, it's fine that they held bama to 2-10 on third down, but you probably also remember that bama was 6-6 in the redzone for the game. two of the three td's in the first quarter, which as you noted trent richardson played, he rushed for touchdowns. Again in the third quarter, trent ran for a td, and bama rushed for another. So, perhaps if trent had played all four quarters we'd be having an entirely different discussion, and if kent state played sec or similar competition all year long, an even different conversation, because as far the 21st total ranked defense goes agaisnt sec competition they gave up an average of 48 points last year.

How do you suppose kent states team statistics would fare with the rest of the nation if they played sec competition every week? It's one thing to have 21st best total defense in the league and another to have such a defense against competition like akron, central michigan, bowling green, miami, and ohio.

you get on here and you just seem to rant. Insinuting that I dont understand marvin mcnutt and trent richardson are two completely different prospects and ahtletes. Again insinuating that I think it's a two man race between trich and miller time for the top rb prospect, when I clearly stated in sentence one of a post that I had no idea who is gonna be the better prospect. Insinuating for third time, that I know nothing about kent state. In the very game you gush about kent states defense, it's fine that they held bama to 2-10 on third down, but you probably also remember that bama was 6-6 in the redzone for the game. two of the three td's in the first quarter, which as you noted trent richardson played, he rushed for touchdowns. Again in the third quarter, trent ran for a td, and bama rushed for another. So, perhaps if trent had played all four quarters we'd be having an entirely different discussion, and if kent state played sec or similar competition all year long, an even different conversation, because as far the 21st total ranked defense goes agaisnt sec competition they gave up an average of 48 points last year.

None of this is relevant. It boils down to this right here... did you watch Alabama play Kent St.? It's a yes or no answer.

If you didn't then there's no point in having the discussion. I was at the game and I know how tough Kent St.'s defense played considering they were going up against the best team in the country. I also have about 200 videos of all these college games that I review constantly to evaluate these prospects. Kent St. wouldn't come out smelling as rosy if they had to play SEC competition every week, but neither would anybody else.

Kent St. doesn't have the DEPTH to compete at that level on a weekly basis. But their starting defense played Bama tougher at the line of scrimmage than anybody else did all season long, including any SEC opponent. Screw the stats, I'm talking strictly from the standpoint of maintaining leverage and squeezing gaps.

Bama is the only team that even managed to rush for more than 5 YPC against Kent St.'s defense as a team. In fact, most of Kent St.'s opponents couldn't hardly crack the 3 YPC barrier against them. They can flat out play stout run defense, and they're well coached. It would've been even better if Ishmaa'ily Kitchen hadn't missed significant time due to injury. He played outstanding against Alabama's interior soaking up the double teams and Roosevelt Nix looked like the best player on the field for either team outside of Trent Richardson.

Kent St. only gave up less than 16 more points than what Bama averaged against SEC competition anyway (32.4) They did it without SEC talent and depth. I don't think it's any question that Trent Richardson would've had a monster day had he played the entire game, just like he did against SEC defenses every week. But that doesn't make Kent St.'s defensive effort on that day, or throughout the rest of the season any less impressive. That defense is an underrated unit.

None of this is relevant. It boils down to this right here... did you watch Alabama play Kent St.? It's a yes or no answer.

If you didn't then there's no point in having the discussion. I was at the game and I know how tough Kent St.'s defense played considering they were going up against the best team in the country. I also have about 200 videos of all these college games that I review constantly to evaluate these prospects. Kent St. wouldn't come out smelling as rosy if they had to play SEC competition every week, but neither would anybody else.

Kent St. doesn't have the DEPTH to compete at that level on a weekly basis. But their starting defense played Bama tougher at the line of scrimmage than anybody else did all season long, including any SEC opponent. Screw the stats, I'm talking strictly from the standpoint of maintaining leverage and squeezing gaps.

Bama is the only team that even managed to rush for more than 5 YPC against Kent St.'s defense as a team. In fact, most of Kent St.'s opponents couldn't hardly crack the 3 YPC barrier against them. They can flat out play stout run defense, and they're well coached. It would've been even better if Ishmaa'ily Kitchen hadn't missed significant time due to injury. He played outstanding against Alabama's interior soaking up the double teams and Roosevelt Nix looked like the best player on the field for either team outside of Trent Richardson.

Kent St. only gave up less than 16 more points than what Bama averaged against SEC competition anyway (32.4) They did it without SEC talent and depth. I don't think it's any question that Trent Richardson would've had a monster day had he played the entire game, just like he did against SEC defenses every week. But that doesn't make Kent St.'s defensive effort on that day, or throughout the rest of the season any less impressive. That defense is an underrated unit.

alabama 183 yards, 5.2ypc
northern illinois rushed for over 200 yards and a 4.9 clip.
kansas state rushed for over 200 yards and a 5.2 ypc clip.
south alabama put up 187 yards on a 3.8 clip..(almost a full yard over 3.0)
eastern michigan 194 yards 4.5 ypc
temple 202 yards 4.2 ypc

akron, central michigan, bowling green, miami, ohio, louisiana... all pailed in comparison, and faired extremely poorly. I know you said screw the stats, but I can't really disregard them when you tell me false information. I had a hunch that bama wasn't the only team to crack 5.0 ypc, and an even greater hunch that your 3.0 ypc claim was misguided.

I can really appreciate the fact that you have 200 tapes, I've just recently started breaking down film, and only have probably 30 games or so. along with the senior bowl, and last years combine. I know it's extensive work.
I wouldn't agree with you that Kent states defense is underrated. I think they are what they are. You say they do everything without sec talent and depth, but you have to realize that on that same token they don't play against sec talent and depth either..( which obviously you know.)... just saying.. kent st and bama are hardly comparable. regardless of how you say they played at the LOS, they have zero draft prospects on that team this year, and very few in the coming years. And the answer to your question is No... so the discussion between me and you can end if thats what you want. good day

northern illinois rushed for over 200 yards and a 4.9 clip.
kansas state rushed for over 200 yards and a 5.2 ypc clip.
south alabama put up 187 yards on a 3.8 clip..(almost a full yard over 3.0)
temple 202 yards 4.2 ypc

akron, central michigan, bowling green, miami, ohio, louisiana... all pailed in comparison, and faired extremely poorly. I know you said screw the stats, but I can't really disregard them when you tell me false information. I had a hunch that bama wasn't the only team to crack 5.0 ypc, and an even greater hunch that your 3.0 ypc claim was misguided.

I can really appreciate the fact that you have 200 tapes, I've just recently started breaking down film, and only have probably 30 games or so. along with the senior bowl, and last years combine. I know it's extensive work.
I wouldn't agree with you that Kent states defense is underrated. I think they are what they are. You say they do everything without sec talent and depth, but you have to realize that on that same token they don't play against sec talent and depth either..( which obviously you know.)... just saying.. kent st and bama are hardly comparable. regardless of how you say they played at the LOS, they have zero draft prospects on that team this year, and very few in the coming years. And the answer to your question is No... so the discussion between me and you can end if thats what you want. good day

I didn't tell you false information. I told you that other than Alabama, most of Kent St.'s opponents couldn't hardly crack the 3 YPC barrier.

TRANSLATION: Some did, but MOST of them DIDN'T. One of them that did was Temple with Bernard Pierce, who's another back that's probably a better NFL prospect than Lamar Miller.

Kansas St. was the only other team besides Alabama that cracked the 5 YPC barrier against Kent St. (5.2). So I forgot about Kansas St., but it doesn't diminish the point.

Kent St. played 12 games. Take out the Bama game and that leaves 11 games. 5 of those 11 opponents DID NOT crack the 3 YPC barrier against Kent St. as a TEAM (UL-Lafeyette, Ohio, Bowling Green, Akron, and Miami,(OH). Central Michigan cracked the 3 YPC barrier with 3.2, which means they STRUGGLED to do it. That makes 5 of 11 that didn't, and 1 more that BARELY did.

5+1= 6

11-6= 5

6 > 5

Which means that..."In fact, most of Kent St.'s opponents couldn't hardly crack the 3 YPC barrier against them".

Are you telling me that Ishmaa'ily Kitchen isn't from Kent St., or that he isn't a draft prospect this year? Both are wrong. I've seen the kid play, you haven't.

This isn't as complicated as you're making it.

I didn't tell you false information. I told you that other than Alabama, most of Kent St.'s opponents couldn't hardly crack the 3 YPC barrier.

TRANSLATION: Some did, but MOST of them DIDN'T. One of them that did was Temple with Bernard Pierce, who's another back that's probably a better NFL prospect than Lamar Miller.

Kansas St. was the only other team besides Alabama that cracked the 5 YPC barrier against Kent St. (5.2). So I forgot about Kansas St., but it doesn't diminish the point.

Kent St. played 12 games. Take out the Bama game and that leaves 11 games. 5 of those 11 opponents DID NOT crack the 3 YPC barrier against Kent St. as a TEAM (UL-Lafeyette, Ohio, Bowling Green, Akron, and Miami,(OH). Central Michigan cracked the 3 YPC barrier with 3.2, which means they STRUGGLED to do it. That makes 5 of 11 that didn't, and 1 more that BARELY did.

5+1= 6

11-6= 5

6 > 5

Which means that..."In fact, most of Kent St.'s opponents couldn't hardly crack the 3 YPC barrier against them".

Are you telling me that Ishmaa'ily Kitchen isn't from Kent St., or that he isn't a draft prospect this year? Both are wrong. I've seen the kid play, you haven't.

This isn't as complicated as you're making it.

So what your telling me is, to make your point, you admittedly leave out pertinent information... (alabama).... to skew the argument. got it.

here are the FACTS... [h=2]fact[/h]   /fækt/ http://www.finheaven.com/help/luna/IPA_pron_key.htmlShow Spelled[fakt] http://www.finheaven.com/help/luna/Spell_pron_key.htmlShow IPA
noun 1. something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact.

2. something known to exist or to have happened: Space travel is now a fact.

louisiana 113 2.2ypc
kansas state 219 yards 5.2ypc
south alabama 187 yards 3.8ypc
ohio 104 yards 2.5ypc
northern illinois rushed for 209 yards and a 4.9 clip.
miami 41 yards 1.2ypc
bowling green 45 yards 1.6ypc
central michigan 86 yards 3.2ypc
akron 58 yards 2.1 ypc
temple 202 yards 4.2 ypc

kent state played 12 games. 7 of those teams DID crack the 3.0 ypc barrier. 5 teams didn't.
7+5=12
12-5=7 teams that DID break the 3.0ypc barrier
12-7=5 teams that DID NOT break the 3.0 ypc barrier

7>5 which means that IN FACT... MOST of kent states opponents cracked the 3.0 ypc barrier...

as far as for ish... I think you like him a lot more than the rest of america does.

Most draft sites I have seen have him ranked around 35-38 for the DT class or roughly 480th out of roughly 2800 prospects total. (read UDFA).

mcnutts gonna suck in the pros...i'm not afraid to say it...and quick from app st is megatron talk is frankly obnoxious...

So what your telling me is, to make your point, you admittedly leave out pertinent information... (alabama).... to skew the argument. got it.

here are the FACTS... fact

   /fækt/ Show Spelled[fakt] Show IPA
noun 1. something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact.

2. something known to exist or to have happened: Space travel is now a fact.

louisiana 113 2.2ypc
kansas state 219 yards 5.2ypc
south alabama 187 yards 3.8ypc
ohio 104 yards 2.5ypc
northern illinois rushed for 209 yards and a 4.9 clip.
miami 41 yards 1.2ypc
bowling green 45 yards 1.6ypc
central michigan 86 yards 3.2ypc
akron 58 yards 2.1 ypc
temple 202 yards 4.2 ypc

kent state played 12 games. 7 of those teams DID crack the 3.0 ypc barrier. 5 teams didn't.
7+5=12
12-5=7 teams that DID break the 3.0ypc barrier
12-7=5 teams that DID NOT break the 3.0 ypc barrier

7>5 which means that IN FACT... MOST of kent states opponents cracked the 3.0 ypc barrier...

Not quite, I'm not leaving out the Alabama game to make my point. I'm leaving out the Alabama game because you haven't seen it. There's no point in talking about a football game with somebody who hasn't even seen it. FACT.

If you want to base the level of Kent St.'s run defense off the game against the National Champions, and the best rushing team in the country, be my guest. Kent St. had the 4th ranked run defense in the entire country in 2010, and 2nd in the entire country in YPC average. They finished 1/100th of a yard from being 1st in the entire country.

Kent St.'s rush defense didn't play any worse against Alabama than any of the SEC opponents did. Kent St. gave up 183 yards at a 5.2 YPC clip against Bama.

Bama averaged 199 yards per game and a 5.1 YPC clip against SEC defenses.

Nobody is going to stop Alabama's running game, and it hasn't been stopped for 100 years. It's what we do.

Furthermore, I couldn't care less what the rest of America or any draft website has to say about a prospect. Most of America has never seen more than 10 minutes worth of any of these kids, IF that much, and don't know what they're looking at in the first place. "Most" draft websites also had Brian Brohm and Colt Brennan as two of the top QB's a few years ago, but I know who didn't.

"Most of America" wasn't as high on Denarius Moore last year as I was either, or countless others through the years.

I don't expect most of America to be as high on Kitchen as I am, because most of America doesn't know who the hell he is. Just like most of America didn't know who John Randle was. I gurantee you NFL scouts know who Ishmaa'ily Kitchen and Roosevelt Nix are.

Kitchen isn't a 1st round pick or an elite prospect, nor did I say he was. But I've seen him play and I believe he has the capability to be a 2 down run stuffer in the NFL, and perhaps a developmental nose tackle. He has the attitude and unselfishness as a player that it takes to play that position. You're simply dismissing a player you have no clue about because you've never seen him play, and because some talking head on a website out there isn't hyping him up.

That's not necessarily the proper way to go about it.

as far as for ish... I think you like him a lot more than the rest of america does.

Most draft sites I have seen have him ranked around 35-38 for the DT class or roughly 480th out of roughly 2800 prospects total. (read UDFA).

Most draft sites also have Vontaze Burfict, Dont'a Hightower, or Luke Kuechly as the best ILB prospects.

I think Mychal Kendricks is the best and will make the best pro. We'll find out who's right.

The statement was "most of kent state opponents didnt crack the 3.0 ypc mark" that has been proven to be untrue. End of story. On to other topics.

Back
Top Bottom