Marx Bros II Could happen Round 1 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marx Bros II Could happen Round 1

I just look at it like this - We already have a top 5 defense and lost nobody that's going to hurt that ranking. We can use some things there but we are solid.
I'd like to get not just 1 but 3 Offensive play makers in this draft. Guys like Pitts, Smith, Waddle, Etienne, Harris, the WR Moores. Get me 3 of these guys and I think our Offense can match our defense as a Top 5 offense. Moreover it'll be amazing fun to watch them play for the next decade!
you're preaching to the choir

Not going to happen, but I do like the idea of moving down from 6 and up from 18. I think prospect quality drops a tier at right around 15.

I remember reading a report a few years ago that pointed out the quality of drafted players historically fell off after #20. It pointed out there were year to year fluctuations, but the average falloff point was the high teens to 20.

If this year the draft has as many solid players as all the posts here indicate (although with positional bias) It would be a great year to end up with 3 picks in the top twenty, if that is possible.

If we land Waddle and Smith somehow we would be bringing in 2 electric receivers with big play potential. The last time we had such a pairing was back in the Duper, Clayton era. They were really FUN to watch. We brought in weapons for Danny, now we do it for Tua.
And we sucked on defense because they were gassed the entire 4 quarter and couldn't hold a lead because the O couldn't run clock. No thanks, I don't need a repeat of that!

Not going to happen, but I do like the idea of moving down from 6 and up from 18. I think prospect quality drops a tier at right around 15.
If we move from 6 doesn’t that suggest we had no clue what we were doing when Grier initiated trade-a-palooza ??

I think you have to move to 11. Philly is taking a WR 100%. What does it cost to go from 18 to 11 is the question??
If we give up assets to move up, and net out w less capital than we had before we traded out of the 3 spot, I will never understand it.

If we move from 6 doesn’t that suggest we had no clue what we were doing when Grier initiated trade-a-palooza ??
No clue is a little harsh, but yes, it suggests Grier didn’t peg the draft exactly right when he made the trades. I’m okay with that, though.

At the end of the day, value is value, and if we liked the value of moving down 3 to 12 for two future firsts, then liked the value of moving up from 12 to 6 for one future first, there’s no reason we can’t still decide we like moving down from 6 based on whatever return value we’re offered.

61, nobody wants a repeat of a failed era. We couldn't run clock in 1983 and 1984 because we had Woody Bennett, Tony Nathan and Andra Franklin. In the years that we had Ricky Williams we had poor QBs so the passing game suffered. This season we have to begin to put it ALL together on offense. It starts up front, in the trenches. We are in better shape on the oline than we've been in a long time. Fluker may not even crack the starting line up. Year 2 of Jackson, Kindley and Hunt should provide some answers as to exactly what is still needed up front. I think we'll draft a Center in round 3 or 4 and then one more o-line piece later. If 3 out of our first 4 picks go to offense we'll come away with a receiver, a RB and maybe a Center. Later in the draft I'd get one more receiver because this class is loaded. Maybe Demetric Felton?? Watch some tape of this guy!

No clue is a little harsh, but yes, it suggests Grier didn’t peg the draft exactly right when he made the trades. I’m okay with that, though.

At the end of the day, value is value, and if we liked the value of moving down 3 to 12 for two future firsts, then liked the value of moving up from 12 to 6 for one future first, there’s no reason we can’t still decide we like moving down from 6 based on whatever return value we’re offered.
Fair enough and good post.

This is where I’m at for the folks who love Sewell and want a piece for the Oline, and really want to build this offense around Tua..The sacrifice for me as a defensive guy is not getting one of Parsons or Collins.

I think for folks who want to take Sewell at 6 should wait on value at right tackle, and go with Jenkins as your pure right tackle at 18, then we move Hunt into Guard where jmo I think his skillset is better suited for, and improve two positions at once, this allows you to get your high level play maker at 6, sure up the whole right side with two animals, and allow Austin Jackson to grow into a pro bowl left tackle..

Jackson, Hunt, Kindley, and Jenkins..That would be the youngest, biggest, nastiest, oline in the NFL.

Then, Use some of your future assets to make an aggressive move up to get Williams Or Harris.

1)Pitts, Waddle, Smith, Chase. (cap on trade out is top 10, unless Texans come calling :))
2) Jenkins
3) Williams, Harris.

All three levels of offense improved in your first three picks.

I'm not going to say its happening but its happening. My guess is Pitts, Smith or Waddle. Outside chance its Parsons or Sewell. Some combination of two of these players is my guess.

Marx_Bros_II.png

Last edited:
Won’t happen. I don’t even think we take a WR in the first if we take Pitts

I wouldn’t be surprised if we take a tackle at 6 and a project player at 18. Our expectations need to be realistic with Grier

I just look at it like this - We already have a top 5 defense and lost nobody that's going to hurt that ranking. We can use some things there but we are solid.
I'd like to get not just 1 but 3 Offensive play makers in this draft. Guys like Pitts, Smith, Waddle, Etienne, Harris, the WR Moores. Get me 3 of these guys and I think our Offense can match our defense as a Top 5 offense. Moreover it'll be amazing fun to watch them play for the next decade!
Personally, I think our defense overachieved last year. I wouldn't be surprised with a mild regression. That said, I do agree that this draft should focus on offense. The run blocking is awful and our receivers are always getting hurt. And now that we have a promising young QB, the goal as a team should be to do what it takes to help him build confidence and succeed.

Personally, I think our defense overachieved last year. I wouldn't be surprised with a mild regression. That said, I do agree that this draft should focus on offense. The run blocking is awful and our receivers are always getting hurt. And now that we have a promising young QB, the goal as a team should be to do what it takes to help him build confidence and succeed.
You might have a point about overachieving on our Defense, I guess we'll see this season if we can match what we did last year or if we can even grow and do better. Why not #1 this year?

One thing that drafting O could do to help our defense too is to have the ball more often and score more often. Less defense on the field would mean better defense too!

Back
Top Bottom