Mashall for a 2nd rounder, next year's. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mashall for a 2nd rounder, next year's.

LikeUntoGod

The Oracle
Reaction score
Since the draft I've been thinking about this. Our FO pulled off a good movement in last year's draft and "added" a 2nd round pick this year in moving down this year.

So we are really not giving up much for Brandon Marshall at all. Just a high 2nd rounder considering our 12-4 record and our run in the play offs.

I've been saying for a while that we have a corp of young WRs and adding a rookie was not a good idea. Adding a young All Pro WR was a really good idea.

I thought we would need another TE since as I said "We are a two TE formation offense not a 3-4 wide WR one". But considering how good Polite is I think I can see us lining up with 2 WRs, 1 TE, FB and RB in a Standard I and/or Power I formations most of the time.

We have a good solid team.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us do the same thing next year: trade down to get back that 2nd. Of course, if we have a good year, we'll likely have to trade down into the 2nd RD to get that 2nd back.

Likewise, I wasn't too excited about the prospects of drafting a WR in the early rounds because it usually takes 2-3 years to make an impact.

Henne needed weapons and I think with the addition of Marshall, an mediocre receiving core just became one of the top 10 in the league because of the productiveness of a Davone Bess, the reliability of a Camarillo, and the heart of (my personal favorite) Brian Hartline.

Let's hope Fasano can produce like he did in 08 and towards the end of last year.

I dont think you can look at it that way, but no matter what, Marshall is going to be worth 2 second round picks. Its like Pat White and Philip Merling or Brandon Marshall? its a no brainer.

Yeah i agree it was a very good move by our FO, the trade down was an awesome move got a rotational player and recouped our 2nd rounder like 4 or 5 picks before ours we lost. Other than the money it didnt take much but you have to pay young franchise players regardless.

As for your TE worries I think one of two things is going on. One we are interested in bringing back David Martin i have heard on this site that there may be some interest or two and more likely someone like Sperry or Nalbone has just made a tremendous jump in their game much like Shawn Murphy did last year before we traded him.

With all due respect, you can't make something out of nothing ... that's pretzel logic.

You could look at it from the other side too!! Maybe trading down we passed up a stud, & as a result got 2 ave or bad guys low 1st & 2nd. NOW, Marshal cost us two 2nd Rounders, two 1st Rounders, AND the additional 2nd!! Yikes!! Luckily its all pretzel logic!! lol

We gave up twp 2nd Rounders & it was a great deal. Acutally, next years 2nd is = this years 3rd.

So we really gave up a mid-2nd & mid-3rd for a 26 year old local star who sure looks like a super star to go along with our studly young QB ..... That's GOLD & may keep producing 10 years!!

There's a high probability we STOLE Marshall & we're "in the chips"!! (not pretzels)

With all due respect, you can't make something out of nothing ... that's pretzel logic.

You could look at it from the other side too!! Maybe trading down we passed up a stud, & as a result got 2 ave or bad guys low 1st & 2nd. NOW, Marshal cost us two 2nd Rounders, two 1st Rounders, AND the additional 2nd!! Yikes!! Luckily its all pretzel logic!! lol

We gave up twp 2nd Rounders & it was a great deal. Acutally, next years 2nd is = this years 3rd.

So we really gave up a mid-2nd & mid-3rd for a 26 year old local star who sure looks like a super star to go along with our studly young QB ..... That's GOLD & may keep producing 10 years!!

There's a high probability we STOLE Marshall & we're "in the chips"!! (not pretzels)

Odrick is a stud and I think an argument can be made that he's not much further behind than Suh and McCoy as prospects. In fact, there were rumors that Cleveland was considering him with their top pick.

Odrick is a stud and I think an argument can be made that he's not much further behind than Suh and McCoy as prospects. In fact, there were rumors that Cleveland was considering him with their top pick.
I sure hope so. I'll sure be watching very closely. Once they get some real NFL work, we'll have something to judge.

I watch/analyze & never try to predict. Don't get excited until I see them start to play some good football.
Statistics show most 1st rounders don't last but a few years in football ... and everything heads South quickly in ensuing rounds.

I thought we would need another TE since as I said "We are a two TE formation offense not a 3-4 wide WR one". But considering how good Polite is I think I can see us lining up with 2 WRs, 1 TE, FB and RB in a Standard I and/or Power I formations most of the time.
Read a couple of weeks ago Ireland said with the addition of Marshall we will be running far less two TE formations. I expect to see a lot more 3-4 WR sets.

DON'T FORGET DOBBINS. We got at a minimum some solid depth at LB and a good ST player as part of the deal.
Oh, I haven't forgotten Dobbins!! Ever since Zach got rear-ended by that durn NE fan, I've had to cuss our LBs.

Dansby is in my prayers every night .... "Thank you Lord for thinking about me, I'm alive & doing FINE!!":hump:

Wouldn't be surprised to see us do the same thing next year: trade down to get back that 2nd. Of course, if we have a good year, we'll likely have to trade down into the 2nd RD to get that 2nd back.
Aside from the fact that Brandon Marshall is a STEAL for the fact we only used two #2 rd picks and got 1 back and better than the orginal pick and got #40 Misi and if we get another one for next years draft by trading down again would mean we got a top 3 WR in the NFL in the prime of this career for free ^^ thats a Front office getting the job done XD

Back
Top Bottom