mason rudolph? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

mason rudolph?

mk613

Scout Team
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Should the Dolphins consider mason rudolph in a later round and address greater needs with the 11th pick like LB?

I don't think he'll last to the later rounds. He could be gone before Miami picks in the 2nd round. I like Rudolph, but I'm not sure I see Miami going that direction. With Tannehill coming off an injury I doubt they would want the primary backup to be a rookie. So figuring they might sign a vet as the number 2 qb than a 1st or 2nd round pick for your number 3 qb seems a bit high. Again I like Rudolph, but don't see him in Miami. Rudolph would fit nice behind either Rothlisberger or Rivers as the number 2 qb.

I don't think he'll last to the later rounds. He could be gone before Miami picks in the 2nd round. I like Rudolph, but I'm not sure I see Miami going that direction. With Tannehill coming off an injury I doubt they would want the primary backup to be a rookie. So figuring they might sign a vet as the number 2 qb than a 1st or 2nd round pick for your number 3 qb seems a bit high. Again I like Rudolph, but don't see him in Miami. Rudolph would fit nice behind either Rothlisberger or Rivers as the number 2 qb.
like Moore was a good backup? lol Miami needs to think of the future and develop a qb if RT gets hurt. That way, in year 2, he is ready to roll

like Moore was a good backup? lol Miami needs to think of the future and develop a qb if RT gets hurt. That way, in year 2, he is ready to roll

Wasn't thinking of Moore. Miami needs a qb that's ready to start if Tannehill goes down again and obviously the team didn't feel that way about Moore. Again I like Rudolph, just don't see Miami going that direction.

Wasn't thinking of Moore. Miami needs a qb that's ready to start if Tannehill goes down again and obviously the team didn't feel that way about Moore. Again I like Rudolph, just don't see Miami going that direction.
And who would that be? I understand what you're saying but having a vet as the back up would put us back where we started. Tanny went down so we got Cutler even tho we all knew we were going nowhere with him. Instead, we won a few games and we're drafting 11 instead of going 4-12 and picking top 5. And we wasted a year of NOT developing a young QB. Lets draft a QB and if Tanny goes down then play the rookie and let him learn. We'll lose some games but you're developing your future QB because if Tannehill goes down then it's over for him so lets not waste another year

Ozzy rules!!

And who would that be? I understand what you're saying but having a vet as the back up would put us back where we started. Tanny went down so we got Cutler even tho we all knew we were going nowhere with him. Instead, we won a few games and we're drafting 11 instead of going 4-12 and picking top 5. And we wasted a year of NOT developing a young QB. Lets draft a QB and if Tanny goes down then play the rookie and let him learn. We'll lose some games but you're developing your future QB because if Tannehill goes down then it's over for him so lets not waste another year

Ozzy rules!!

Probably one of the most sensible posts I’ve read here.

i am more of a kyle lauletta guy myself. Rudolph is intriguing but if I'm taking guy in the middle rounds it's Lauletta.

Why do people want qbs in the 3and 4 rounds? To me it's a waste of a pick. If you want the number one position on a team, you have to go big. If you want a backup pick in the 6,7th. Those are the only 2 qbs I see. Unless you are getting someone to challenge Tannehill at his spot, then why go 3rd or 4th?

Why do people want qbs in the 3and 4 rounds? To me it's a waste of a pick. If you want the number one position on a team, you have to go big. If you want a backup pick in the 6,7th. Those are the only 2 qbs I see. Unless you are getting someone to challenge Tannehill at his spot, then why go 3rd or 4th?
That is too much for posters to get bro

Brady was a 6th round pick. Den Herder was a 9th. Wake, undrafted.

Dion Jordan was a 1st. As was Ryan Leaf and Manziel.

1st doesn’t guarantee a badass. Later rounds don’t necessarily mean you’re getting the scraps.

Because it's the safe conventional wisdom route that lends itself to ongoing mediocrity.

I agree with your point. I've made it many times. Those 3rd and 4th round quarterbacks are sucker investments, far more often than not. Basically a wasted pick. But those rounds lend themselves to a comfort level of...see, we addressed the quarterback position...we did the right thing...we're all set.

And since there are occasional jackpots like Russell Wilson or rookie Dak Prescott, then the theory retains far more value than its worth.

The exponentially more astute method is to get over the fear of not addressing the so-called urgent team need in the first round. Newsflash: an elite quarterback is always the paramount team need. If you're not sure if you have one, then you don't.

Nobody is going to bite you or uproot the franchise if you -- horrors -- don't draft a linebacker in the first round. Then we'll get all the posts sourcing from fear, which is so popular these days. No kidding the first round quarterback might bust. Now that would be a tragedy. I can't imagine the Dolphins without Charles Harris or Devante Parker or Ju'Waun James.

I already like Adam Gase but I'll gain a ton more respect for him if he's bold enough to grab a quarterback in the first round. Shake things up around here. If not, then you randomly nibble in the 6th and 7th round every year, even if it's multiple quarterbacks in every draft. You can do without those 7th round skinny tight ends or injured receivers. That won't hurt either.

BTW, I think Rudolph is very good and likely to go in the first round. Let's see, four seasons of 9.9 YPA (limited duty), 8.9 YPA, 9.1 YPA and 10.0 YPA.

The league is not going to ignore that type of thing into the middle rounds, especially since a pro style quarterback is delivering those numbers.

Back
Top Bottom