Massive haul in the draft | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Massive haul in the draft

No dude.

He's a rookie D lineman that doesn't play special teams.

Hopefully he'll practice his way into some playing time as the season goes on, so we can get a look at him.

Most player's biggest jump comes between rookie year and second year. His pre-draft profile even said he'll need time to mold his body into a DT or an edge rusher. He could do either.

Many players need that offseason strength program.

I hope you're right. Strow and Weaver both looked nfl ready to me. I meant we need edge rushers and drafted two, one is gone and one can't break the line up. Really hope strow can add something this year.

I hope you're right. Strow and Weaver both looked nfl ready to me. I meant we need edge rushers and drafted two, one is gone and one can't break the line up. Really hope strow can add something this year.
If he's not playing now, I don't think he will barring injury. He was only a longshot 5th rounder... just like Weaver. We missed on the real edges last year.

Agree. There's a reason a lot of teams take years (decades) to move from the cellar to playoff contention. Have to find a competent GM, a top HC and QB. Those are exceedingly difficult which is why teams try over and over to get them. Impatient fans tend to think it's as easy as going into BestBuy. In this case, it seems, like it or not, Miami has a competent GM, top HC (to date), TT, AND starters this year and potential starters in a year or two. The next step is 'repeat.'
Repeat IF the owner is wise enough to keep it all together, once found. I think Ross will; but who knows what our next owner will want to do? Hopefully, it may be a while before that's something to be concerned about.

I agree. They need to find at least one DE, who's good at setting the edge and gives them a solid pass rush. Patrick Jones from Pittsburgh is a very good player, who's versitile as a OLB and Hand in the dirt rusher. He'd be someone to look for in the mid to late 1st round, if not high 2nd.

NT is another area. Godchaux strikes more of a 3 man DE type. Getting a true NT would do wonders for the run defense.

Miami's WR corps is underrated. But it could use a Waddle type player to take it to another level.
I'd love to see us draft Khyiris Tonga (6'4, 330 lbs.), the nose tackle from BYU. He's that country-strong, immovable type of NT that could bring the run defense to another level.

I have no idea if he's any good, or will be cut without ever contributing,

I just know it's too early for us to speculate.

Back
Top Bottom