Massive haul in the draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Massive haul in the draft

We may have the oline figured out which is amazing but this team with few exceptions is good enough at positions where it should skip bpa for a specific need.

Oline and qb yeah I may punt early. Well qb obviously. Everything else with maybe corner being an exception I’m probably taking bpa

igbo is a star in the making...wow... did I miss something- was he out yesterday and if so why?

igbo has been a disaster. you didn't see him til late in the game yesterday because with jones back he got benched and they played needham inside. hardly a star in the making when your 1st round corner is sitting behind an udfa.

igbo has been a disaster. you didn't see him til late in the game yesterday because with jones back he got benched and they played needham inside. hardly a star in the making when your 1st round corner is sitting behind an udfa.

"Disaster" is too strong. Seems like frequent mental errors and biting on fakes. That can be coached out of him. Does that make him a "star?" Not even close. What too many don't seem to understand is a player who turns out to be 'average' is a good pick in the NFL. I think NI can get there.

I’m not yet sold in Igbinoghene being a “star in the making.” Hopefully, but it‘s going to take some time to verify that.

Yeah you got folks talking about get rid of x and I’m like what?

This team might need a slot corner if Igbo isn’t gonna end up there with x and byron but those guys can usually be found a little later. Mid rounds

Tua is obviously a major key to the success of this draft. But revamping the offensive lineman with three very solid rookies(granted Jackson is out right now) is a major win. That frees up a major headache that has haunted this team for a decade+ and frees up all the ways they can go in next year's draft. We might finally have a franchise quarterback and a solid offensive line on the roster!
We may also want to give some love to our coaching staff (HC Flo, OC Gailey and OL coach Marshall) for getting these rooks ready to shine this year under challenging conditions, to say the least. Clearly, these coaches want to win NOW.

"Disaster" is too strong. Seems like frequent mental errors and biting on fakes. That can be coached out of him. Does that make him a "star?" Not even close. What too many don't seem to understand is a player who turns out to be 'average' is a good pick in the NFL. I think NI can get there.
Iggy (20 tears old and clearly having no issues athletically) just needs time and experience. I think he's also getting some of the best DB coaching in the league right now. I must say, I like how Flo just threw him into the deep end, sink or swim, when Jones went down. Iggy will never forget that. Let's hope he can one day realize the value of it and thus, forgive it.

i already have him as a bust. yeah its early oh well thats how i see it. hated the pick draft night and like it even less now. i don't like projects in the 1st rd.

Are people new to football with these Iggy takes? Corner isn't a plug-and-play position. Look at the Lions. Okudah is 2nd string and he's generally regarded as the best CB prospect in years. It took Madison and Surtain years to be good and Iggy is only 20. It's HARD.

He'll be fine. If you expected some great corner out of the gate, that's your problem, not his.

Tua is obviously a major key to the success of this draft. But revamping the offensive lineman with three very solid rookies(granted Jackson is out right now) is a major win. That frees up a major headache that has haunted this team for a decade+ and frees up all the ways they can go in next year's draft. We might finally have a franchise quarterback and a solid offensive line on the roster!
I can't recall a time, recently anyway, where Miami improved a unit so dramatically in one offseason. The offensive line is night and day from last year when it, honestly, played like an expansion unit. I'm greedy, though. I want one more dominant player on the line, more protection for Tua, able to convert those short-yardage plays at a better than average NFL level.

Austin Jackson, Solomon Kindley and Robert Hunt look like this draft is a home run.

Tua on the bench is mind boggling.

Igbo, Jones, Raekwon, Strowbridge, Perry, all gravy, baby!

Can't wait for the treasures of 2021 to mix in!
Honestly, this could go down as Miami's best-ever draft. Too early, obviously to say for sure. But, I believe Tua will be the real deal and if that happens as expected, what draft can you compare it to? Maybe 1983 when the Dolphins took Marino, Charles, Clayton and Roby.

Back
Top Bottom