Massive haul in the draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Massive haul in the draft

Honestly, this could go down as Miami's best-ever draft. Too early, obviously to say for sure. But, I believe Tua will be the real deal and if that happens as expected, what draft can you compare it to? Maybe 1983 when the Dolphins took Marino, Charles, Clayton and Roby.
Any draft that brings in Danny boy is going to be forever hard to beat.

If Hunt. Jackson and Kindley continue with their apparent upside and development, Miami might just skip drafting an OL until the later part of the 2021 draft; if at all.

Hopefully they'll fix the LB. DE and FS, positions and find a Slot Reciever, as well as, a more physical RB.
I want to see more of Perry and Bowden to see if they can be productive in the slot. But agree with all those needs. Adding in corner, if X. Howard can't stay healthy.

Since we're talking draft, what's everybody's opinion on the 2 positions we should take in the first round next year?

I'm thinking DE and DT. I was leaning WR, but if Williams got over the hump and getting Wilson back next year, I think we're okay there for now, although I certainly wouldn't hate taking like a Waddle over a DT.
Great question. I'd take one of these linebackers -- Parsons, Moses or Bolton depending on how high Miami picks. Parsons is most likely top 10, maybe even top 5 so he could be out of reach. The DE's are a pretty risky bunch in this draft. I might wait until R2. Jones from Pitt, I think would be a good fit for Flores.

Ideally something like Parsons and Waddle with those two first rounders. Solve linebacker and wide receiver in a big, big way. Waddle would be a perfect complement to Parker, Williams and Gesicki. Add in that he has played with Tua and that could be a home run pick.

There are several safeties that I really like, but maybe that's a second round range. And I'm greedy. I still want one more really good offensive lineman. I don't know who are mid-rounders who could surprise, but imagine adding Humphrey or Davis, from Ohio State to this unit.

Are people new to football with these Iggy takes? Corner isn't a plug-and-play position. Look at the Lions. Okudah is 2nd string and he's generally regarded as the best CB prospect in years. It took Madison and Surtain years to be good and Iggy is only 20. It's HARD.

He'll be fine. If you expected some great corner out of the gate, that's your problem, not his.

And look at CJ Henderson - he was a liability against us.

Im pleased thus far but if Tua doesnt hit then this is just another Dolphins draft class.

But if Tua does become the player we drafted him to be then Yes, this will be a draft class that can change a franchise around.

Agreed on the Tua has to hit comments, but everyone should ask themselves one question...

"Before the draft, did I think that Grier and the Front Office would find a starting QB and THREE starting Offensive Linemen in a single draft?"

Anyone?

Sadly, you need to get with the narrative.
ALL R1/R2 rookies should be STARTING, just like all other teams.
No rookies should be committing rookie mistakes.
Anyone not starting is a bust. We ALL know rookies excel game one or they'll never be good.
Because none of those are true, Grier is an idiot and needs to be fired.
I think you're getting the "hang" of this place......lol

Im pleased thus far but if Tua doesnt hit then this is just another Dolphins draft class.

But if Tua does become the player we drafted him to be then Yes, this will be a draft class that can change a franchise around.
3 high quality o-line players, even if Tua doesn't work out, is not just another dolphins draft.

Get real.

Are people new to football with these Iggy takes? Corner isn't a plug-and-play position. Look at the Lions. Okudah is 2nd string and he's generally regarded as the best CB prospect in years. It took Madison and Surtain years to be good and Iggy is only 20. It's HARD.

He'll be fine. If you expected some great corner out of the gate, that's your problem, not his.
When reality doesn't match some posters agenda they create shyt, anyone judging the draft based on what has happened this season just plain and simple don't know football. As a fan of this team since the early 70's yes I became a fan in 70 - 71 season, this is the most excited I've been about this team since I saw Marino's 1st season. This team is doing/getting it right and it's showing on the field. Go Phinz!!!

I can't see Miami going DT & DE with their 1st two picks as someone mentioned earlier.
They need a dynamic player on offense. Someone like Waddle to go along with Williams, Parker, Gesickie makes to much sense.
The Penn State Lb would add another desperately needed dimension to that group too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom