Massive haul in the draft | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Massive haul in the draft

As much fun as it would be with Waddle, we need more defensive line help and I'd throw both picks at it (or DE/Center).

Fans like the concept of "BPA" because it sounds so simple and
like picking your fav candy bar at 7-11 or brunette vs. blonde
at the gentlemens club! I mean how easy is that!

In reality EVERY team puts together their draft board differently
contingent on their positional targets and evaluations...

It's NOT like they all read sports illustrated and base their rankings
on the same info Joe Fan has available.

Pretty laughable actually!

Beyond that -- I tend to favor BSA.

Best Snappa Available!

:bobdole:

The Saints are known for it. The Ravens, at least under Newsome. Steelers have consistently followed their board and not their "needs". Needs are such a momentary thing and draft picks a long term investment with even first rounders usually having little year-one impact.

More importantly, strengths are also a transitional matter in the nfl. Every player is a play away from missing the season.

Edit: this is why I loved the Iggy pick. Not because of the player (I know nothing about him) but because, after signing Byron Jones, they must have REALLY liked Iggy. BPA
I'm pretty sure Ozzy has been the only GM the Baltimore Ravens have had.

Are people new to football with these Iggy takes? Corner isn't a plug-and-play position. Look at the Lions. Okudah is 2nd string and he's generally regarded as the best CB prospect in years. It took Madison and Surtain years to be good and Iggy is only 20. It's HARD.

He'll be fine. If you expected some great corner out of the gate, that's your problem, not his.
Just stop it with the good post...

We may also want to give some love to our coaching staff (HC Flo, OC Gailey and OL coach Marshall)

He was perhaps my biggest concern before the season but it sure seems like he's doing an excellent job!

The OL looks better coached than they have in decades!

So if you read these posts Mister Marshall -- "you the man!"

igbo has been a disaster. you didn't see him til late in the game yesterday because with jones back he got benched and they played needham inside. hardly a star in the making when your 1st round corner is sitting behind an udfa.
He’s been terrible. Absolutely terrible. But he is very young and very athletic. Didn’t like the reach pick and really didn’t like the “trade Howard now that we got Iggy Pop talk”. Hopefully he develops into a terrific player - otherwise that was a total waste of a pick. It’s very early and he was supposed to be a project. Fine. The issue w project picks is by the time they develop, they’re hitting FA.

Allow me to introduce you to Mr.Waddle.

I would love it if we were in a position to draft Waddle. Not only is he the kind of WR who, like Ruggs, changes the way the defense has to defend you, but he already has a rapport with Tuanigamanuolepola. That shouldn't be underestimated. Who knows if we or what kind of off-season and preseason we will have in 2021.

Plus of course there is imo nothing as exciting in football as watching electrifying game breakers with the ball in their hands.

I would love it if we were in a position to draft Waddle. Not only is he the kind of WR who, like Ruggs, changes the way the defense has to defend you, but he already has a rapport with Tuanigamanuolepola. That shouldn't be underestimated. Who knows if we or what kind of off-season and preseason we will have in 2021.

Plus of course there is imo nothing as exciting in football as watching electrifying game breakers with the ball in their hands.

If this team continues to execute then we won’t be in a position to draft him with the Miami pick. All indications are the Houston pick should be top 10 and I don’t see this management taking a receiver with that pick. I wouldn’t want them too either.

That leaves maybe his running mate in D.Smith. I could be wrong but Smith doesn’t come across as that burner that scares you.

He’s been terrible. Absolutely terrible. But he is very young and very athletic. Didn’t like the reach pick and really didn’t like the “trade Howard now that we got Iggy Pop talk”. Hopefully he develops into a terrific player - otherwise that was a total waste of a pick. It’s very early and he was supposed to be a project. Fine. The issue w project picks is by the time they develop, they’re hitting FA.
I loved the pick, and imo even though he's struggled mightily, if he winds up a really good corner than he was worth the pick, his struggles wouldn't of mattered at 20.

My issue is with this line of thinking that he isn't a slot corner, I'm hoping flores meant that the slot position is to much to ask him to play right now, and they want to keep it simple for him and let him just cover his guy on the boundary. However this has played out exactly as I said predraft if they don't take him off the boundary.

Fans like the concept of "BPA" because it sounds so simple and
like picking your fav candy bar at 7-11 or brunette vs. blonde
at the gentlemens club! I mean how easy is that!

In reality EVERY team puts together their draft board differently
contingent on their positional targets and evaluations...

It's NOT like they all read sports illustrated and base their rankings
on the same info Joe Fan has available.

Pretty laughable actually!

Beyond that -- I tend to favor BSA.

Best Snappa Available!

:bobdole:
they keep protecting that long snappa on the practice squad after drafting our current snappa in this year's draft!

they apparently feel the same way you do!

Back
Top Bottom