Massive haul in the draft | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Massive haul in the draft

they keep protecting that long snappa on the practice squad after drafting our current snappa in this year's draft!

they apparently feel the same way you do!

as a humanitarian post vegan carnivore you gotta be down with
all the snappa you can snag! Truth be told -- superb snappa con
tributes to high scoring low snoring and extended sessions of
deeply satisfying REM! Bottom line -- winning coaches
choose snappa 10 to 1!

We may be looking at a historic draft.

All 3 o lineman appear to be talented, athletic and mean. Durability will determine a lot here.

igbo is a star in the making...wow... did I miss something- was he out yesterday and if so why?

Jones - safety draft pick is a player - much to learn....

Davis needs time but if he materializes watch out - he’s so massive.

All rides on Tua I know - that is if Tua is what he is advertised- a franchise QB - this draft seems to be stunningly good!
I agree , can’t remember where I read it but Flores has been thinking for a while about putting tua in there, but still thinks about that injury ! But he says that he’s getting Chan Gailey offense down and it does t hurt to have Ryan as a mentor in this offense ,

I agree , can’t remember where I read it but Flores has been thinking for a while about putting tua in there, but still thinks about that injury ! But he says that he’s getting Chan Gailey offense down and it does t hurt to have Ryan as a mentor in this offense ,
After all of the struggles over 2 decades, searching to find a decent QB, we end up getting a veteran like Fitz and he turns out to be playing good football, helping to develop team culture by having some fun and the best mentor to Tua we could possibly find. Maybe we just lucked into it, maybe Grier and Flores knew precisely what they were getting, but the Dolphins finally have a pretty clear path to rebuilding a successful franchise and Fitz's contribution cannot be understated.

Last edited:
After all of the struggles over 2 decades, searching to find a decent QB, we end up getting a veteran like Fitz and he turns out to be playing good football, helping to develop team culture by having some fun and the best mentor to Tua we could possibly find. Maybe we just lucked into it, maybe Grier and Flores knew precisely what they was getting, but the Dolphins finally have a pretty clear path to rebuilding a successful franchise and Fitz's contribution cannot be understated.
As much as I would be excited to see Tua, Fitz has been been a true leader and has played great. We’re establishing a winning culture even though we’re not quite ready to compete for a championship. It looks like Grier hit on 3 olineman. If Tua can live up to the hype, this is a franchise altering draft. Plus we’re loading with picks again next year.

It’s looking pretty good right now. I will say that. But there’s a lot of time left this year and we’ve had some horrid drafts in the recent past.

the 2019 draft isn’t much to get excited about frankly. Van ginkel looks to be rising.

If any prospect going forward is rated and deemed worthy of a high pick, you take it. We have seen you can move potential at a very nice premium in concerns to the oline.

The 2020 draft is looking Like a unprecedented one.

2019 looks pretty good, we didn’t have a lot of hi picks in the draft, we got a Pretty solid group that are contributing.

Wilkins is solid.. Van Ginkel is trending up as a starter..Dieter is a backup.. Gaskin is a starter and is better than I thought he would be, wasn’t a fan of cox but he’s contributing, we had no 2nd or 4th round picks.

The 2020 draft is looking Like a unprecedented one.

2019 looks pretty good, we didn’t have a lot of hi picks in the draft, we got a Pretty solid group that are contributing.

Wilkins is solid.. Van Ginkel is trending up as a starter..Dieter is a backup.. Gaskin is a starter and is better than I thought he would be, wasn’t a fan of cox but he’s contributing, we had no 2nd or 4th round picks.

Agree. Unfortunately, for some, the R1 pick should ALWAYS be All-Pro starting year 1. R2 pick should be a starter, excel, and be seen as an eventual All-Pro. You know, like the other 31 teams. Too many subscribe to the myth 'if they don't bite as pups, . . '

That doesn't mean Miami nailed the '19 draft or it was a top 10 historical draft. And only two starters. But all are still on the team except Prince. Nonetheless, considering the last too many years, '19 was progress and '20 appears quite good

I’m wondering what it’s going to mean if we take two guys high up in the 2021 draft, say Chase and Rousseau, who haven’t played a snap of football in, what, 20 months, by the time the 2021 season kicks off.

I’m wondering what it’s going to mean if we take two guys high up in the 2021 draft, say Chase and Rousseau, who haven’t played a snap of football in, what, 20 months, by the time the 2021 season kicks off.
It may mean that they won't start right away... We REALLY need a real pre-season next year!

After all of the struggles over 2 decades, searching to find a decent QB, we end up getting a veteran like Fitz and he turns out to be playing good football, helping to develop team culture by having some fun and the best mentor to Tua we could possibly find. Maybe we just lucked into it, maybe Grier and Flores knew precisely what they were getting, but the Dolphins finally have a pretty clear path to rebuilding a successful franchise and Fitz's contribution cannot be understated.
It’s about time we’ve had luck like this, I’m starting to get confident about having a chance to win , I haven’t felt like that since, dan the man !

It's commonly assumed that nose tackles are almost always 6'3 or shorter. It was why I questioned whether Raekwan could play there. (he did play NT 20% of the time in college)

Ever since we drafted Raekwan, I've struggled to picture exactly how he fits. A 3-4 DE with limited pass rush skills is a tough sell for a 2nd rounder.

But after seeing him play NT last week, I see more of a pathway for him to get snaps and contribute. He filled the role and had a few plays where he got a solid push on the center into the QB.

It's not a position that puts up numbers, but it was the best game he's played IMO.

If he can be a massive freak with the versatility to play NT and DE, I am more optimistic about the role he can fill on this team.

igbo has been a disaster. you didn't see him til late in the game yesterday because with jones back he got benched and they played needham inside. hardly a star in the making when your 1st round corner is sitting behind an udfa.
Way to harsh, the kid is 20 and a rookie playing a difficult position. Lets give him a couple years.

Add to that...solid evidence that we finally have competent OL coaching, as well as a FO that can identify good OL talent. Both have been abysmal for a long time.

It's commonly assumed that nose tackles are almost always 6'3 or shorter. It was why I questioned whether Raekwan could play there. (he did play NT 20% of the time in college)
ll-it
Ever since we drafted Raekwan, I've struggled to picture exactly how he fits. A 3-4 DE with limited pass rush skills is a tough sell for a 2nd rounder.

But after seeing him play NT last week, I see more of a pathway for him to get snaps and contribute. He filled the role and had a few plays where he got a solid push on the center into the QB.

It's not a position that puts up numbers, but it was the best game he's played IMO.

If he can be a massive freak with the versatility to play NT and DE, I am more optimistic about the role he can fill on this team.
I think Flores wanted him so badly because of his belief that Davis was a versatile player. Most of the draft sites do not value this trait very much; they tend to focus on whether a player can excel at a particular position... and tend to downgrade what they call 'tweeners'. I remember when they called AJ Duhe a 'tweener'... and yet, he was very good for us. Wake was viewed this way and ended up in Canada.

Over the years, I can remember a number of 4-3 or 3-4 ends who have moved inside as they've aged and put on weight.

Christian Wilkins is greatly undervalued by some on this site because he doesn't kill-it at a particular position, but Flores LOVES him.

In the modern NFL Defense, these multi-positional players only seem to get press if they are safety/LB types like Simmons-- guys who make a splashy play or two, then disappear for a half. I maintain that these Defensive Linemen who bounce around the formation, playing all 3 downs, are MUCH more valuable to a team's play. Foundational, if you will.

Back
Top Bottom