Mastering a new offense | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mastering a new offense

It has been impressive thus far, but I expect they won’t hit their stride until sometime in year two.

As for Tua, I don’t get the impression he’s a brilliant guy. I doubt he was a standout student at Alabama. But I think his football IQ is very high. Dilfer called him a “one rep” guy, meaning he’d understand a concept after one rep. We’ve certainly seen him make a mistake early in a game and then correct it later in the same game.

It's not only Tua having to learn the new offense though of course he handles the football on every play but every player needs to know the offense in order for it to work so kudos the all the players but also to the coaches for getting the players ready.

i see him constantly moving players when they come up to the line of scrimmage to ensure every player is in the correct position for the play called. That is something you rarely saw him do his first two years in the league.

Considering this is the third offense he has had to learn in only three years in the league. He appears to have a very good grasp of what is suppose to be a complex offense to learn.

I think him putting in the work to learn the offense along with the excellent teaching kills of McDaniel and the offensive coaching staff has certainly shown how effective he can be when he has a HC who believes in him.

True its a new offense and true its a great coaching staff....but can we please, please keep the offensive line free from injury because its only been 3 games and these dudes are in and out of the line up and it scares me for the future like how will it be game 12 or 15?

It's not only Tua having to learn the new offense though of course he handles the football on every play but every player needs to know the offense in order for it to work so kudos the all the players but also to the coaches for getting the players ready.
TEAM!
Love it!

It has been impressive thus far, but I expect they won’t hit their stride until sometime in year two.

As for Tua, I don’t get the impression he’s a brilliant guy. I doubt he was a standout student at Alabama. But I think his football IQ is very high. Dilfer called him a “one rep” guy, meaning he’d understand a concept after one rep. We’ve certainly seen him make a mistake early in a game and then correct it later in the same game.
Not everyone's mind works the same way, or at a high level on the same things. I have met many ppl who were brilliant in one, or even a few, areas, but completely useless in others. Some ppl are great at theory and taking tests on subjects they have read, but inept when it comes to putting that knowledge to practical use.

Then there is the "pressure" aspect. Some individuals can cite facts ad nauseam, or derive complex solutions when given time, but not so great at coming up with the answer instantaneously, or when there is any sort of pressure involved.

Some ppl freeze when SHTF, others step up without hesitation, and it has nothing to do with their IQ.

Last edited:
Not everyone's mind works the same way, or at a high level on the same things. I have met many ppl who were brilliant is one, or even a few, areas, but completely useless in others. Some ppl are great at theory and taking tests on subjects they have read, but inept when it comes to putting that knowledge to practical use.

Then there is the "pressure" aspect. Some individuals can cite facts ad nauseam, or derive complex solutions when given time, but not so great at coming up with the answer instantaneously, or when there is any sort of pressure involved.

Some ppl freeze when SHTF, others step up without hesitation, and it has nothing to do with their IQ.
That's why they say there is no such thing as common sense. Everyone is different.

Back
Top Bottom