Matchup vs Colts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matchup vs Colts

COLTS WILL ATTACK OUR WEAKNESSES!!!

I see the COLTS trying to get EDGE matched up with DERRICK RODGERS out of the backfield or simply just run at him!! In the COLTS passing game I see them trying to get HARRISON in the slot to get matched on the inexperience of FLETCH!!! I see the PHINS O playing SOLID again, hopefully solid enough to keep PEYTON and the boys off the field!! The DEFENSE is starting to concern me a bit!! We'll see this SUNDAY against a very good OFFENSE!!!!

The Colts may get Edge singled up on Rodgers in the passing game but its virtually impossible to get him matched up against Rodgers running the ball without having Zach Thomas there to take care of business.

What are they going to do, get their TE to fire out and block Zach? All the way from one side of the field back toward the middle just so that Edge can go Rodgers' way? Last time I checked the Colts didn't have one of these pro bowl centers that can "give zach a hard time" (which is by the way a myth in my opinion...).

The most important thing that the Phinz defense MUST DO is stopping E. James....

When he is rolling, the Colts offense opens up big time. If we can keep EJ under 100yrds rushing, that will make a big difference in the overall outcome.

We'll need to get solid pressure on P. Manning as well. Last year we didn't have much trouble getting to him, so I think it would be safe to say we should do it again Sunday....

TE M. Pollard is out as well, and that leaves a huge gap in the middle of the Colts offense. M. Pollard and P. Manning have a good thing going, and without him, they'll be forced to look at other ares of the field......Areas where we are stronger than they are.

Our offense should be able to score regularly against this new Colts defense. Even though defensive minded T. Dungy is in Indy now, that wont change the fact that the Colts did nothing to upgrade on defense during the off-season.....

They have a smallish front seven, and we should be able to take advantage of that all game long with R. Williams pounding them on a consistant basis....

PHINZ 33
COLTS 23

PHINZ RULE!!!!

We will beat the Colts, we have the last 3 years in Indy. They won't be able to stop Ricky Williams. Marcus Pollard will not be playing either.

I totally agree that stopping EJ from running the ball effectively will be the key for our D, especially w/o Pollard. Harrison has toasted us big time but not enough for them to win ball games :D

On O, run Ricky , run Ricky, a pass to Ricky, i.e. break Lamar's record Ricky - take that back once he gets to about 100 or so yards bring in Edwards (cannot forget about the #1 pick ;) )

Indy has two good WRs in Ismail and Harrison, but we answer back with two great CBs in Surtain and Madison, not to mention Marion and Freeman back there at safety. Edge wont get past Zach even if he goes at Rodgers or Greenwood. Their offense is nothing our D can't handle. Yes, they have an improved D themselves, but we got RW! We balance our good run in the air with CC, Gads, Ward, and now, McMichael... I am not worried at all for this weekend... I look forward to laughin in the faces of the Colts fans out here in Indiana when I watch the game at the bars.

Originally posted by dolphan39
On O, run Ricky , run Ricky, a pass to Ricky, i.e. break Lamar's record Ricky - take that back once he gets to about 100 or so yards bring in Edwards (cannot forget about the #1 pick ;) )

I understand what you are trying to say but 100 yards a game = 1600 yards.:eek:

Originally posted by Merman

I understand what you are trying to say but 100 yards a game = 1600 yards.:eek:
he'll just have to rest the 2nd half ag. Vikes and last game ag. Pats with 1450 :D

I'm hoping he (Ricky) runs his butt off and keep our O on the field...The less we see of the Colts O, the better..I agree with everyone about stopping their run..that is truly key with them...Their play action with Manning is one of the best in the NFL..The key to this game.. Long drives by our O with a TD at the end and stop James...but they do have 3 good receivers...so Flech will have to bring his A game.

YOU DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT D! DO YOU???

Originally posted by ckparrothead
The Colts may get Edge singled up on Rodgers in the passing game but its virtually impossible to get him matched up against Rodgers running the ball without having Zach Thomas there to take care of business.

What are they going to do, get their TE to fire out and block Zach? All the way from one side of the field back toward the middle just so that Edge can go Rodgers' way? Last time I checked the Colts didn't have one of these pro bowl centers that can "give zach a hard time" (which is by the way a myth in my opinion...).
Have you ever heard of RUNNING the BALL OFFTACKLE??? Believe me they will probabbly use combination blocks on ZACH and get EDGE to a one on ONE in the hole with RODGERS!!

Back
Top Bottom