Matt Burke Heading To Eagles To Work Under Jim Schwartz | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Burke Heading To Eagles To Work Under Jim Schwartz

only thing that carried this team this season if anything did was the situational forced turnovers by the d. when the opposition made a mistake we didn't drop them or leave them on the table in terms of getting the turnover.

pretty much was the theme of the season. situational forced turnovers. outside of that we did nothing well. both sides of the ball

Bingo. We relied on pressure and it failed. Now where Burke was wrong is that once the pressure didnt come he had no way to adjust

Honestly . . . Do u think he had the personnel to adjust?

His one wildcard was Fitzpatrick and he was forced to play him on the boundary because all the other options sucked.

We rostered arguably the thinnest LB group in the NFL . . .maybe the thinnest DT group. We finished bottom 5 in sacks from a unit that was expected to be top shelf.

As easy as it is to say “he failed to make adjustments” . . .personnel tied his hands.

Everybody complains about the Jones/Mcdonald grouping . . . .that pairing was probably the least concerning group on the entire defense.

And thats just sad.

we gave away too much just with the coverage call situationally...2nd and 18 I shouldn't be seeing 12 yards off where you basically give away 15 and the sticks back to the opposition. just dumb stuff. over and over

not even 3rd reads for the qb we are talking about primarys. here have the sticks back

Aaron Donald is a beast, Fletcher Cox would steal his lunch money if he wanted it.
No, Aaron Donald is 2 or 3 tiers above any other interior DLineman.

Cox is in the 2 tiers below him.

I'll get you a copy of the Eagles 2017 season on DVD.

You can see what kind of impact one man has on his 10 teammates.

Cox's motor isn't what Aaron Donald's is but they aren't the same type of player.

I made my statement about Fletcher Cox because I know people exist out there who just don't know him well enough to appreciate him.

Honestly . . . Do u think he had the personnel to adjust?

His one wildcard was Fitzpatrick and he was forced to play him on the boundary because all the other options sucked.

We rostered arguably the thinnest LB group in the NFL . . .maybe the thinnest DT group. We finished bottom 5 in sacks from a unit that was expected to be top shelf.

As easy as it is to say “he failed to make adjustments” . . .personnel tied his hands.

Everybody complains about the Jones/Mcdonald grouping . . . .that pairing was probably the least concerning group on the entire defense.

And thats just sad.

The personnel question is fair but we also didnt try. We had 2 blitzes the double a gao which occasionally worked and the slot blitz which sometimes worked. How he used McMillan in coverage was frustrating (especially since he was good it against the run as the season went on) and the use of Baker was... puzzling.

Now I'm not saying we needed exotic blitzes but clearly something wasnt working with the D. As you mentioned Burke did have communication issues but I also question the commitment to basic fundamentals (and that goes to the offense too) as the mistakes were all simple things that showed both a lack of awareness and a lack of balance

I'll get you a copy of the Eagles 2017 season on DVD.

You can see what kind of impact one man has on his 10 teammates.

Cox's motor isn't what Aaron Donald's is but they aren't the same type of player.

I made my statement about Fletcher Cox because I know people exist out there who just don't know him well enough to appreciate him.

in terms of overall impact I agree that dude is a monster and he carries that eagles defense

:hclap:

So glad we're hiring a defensive minded HC, even if I thought Adam should have been given 1 more year just due to age and potential.

The eagles magical time is over (it dies with foles), this ivy league football idiot will fit in well there, good luck.

Can't run the wide 9 every play in our division w/ NE, that's "dream team" stuff :chuckle:

Last edited:
I knew he was going get job some where. he can wk on his skill. he will get DC JOB again

This thread is like listening to two skunks complaining about a bad smell and blaming it on each other.

Skunks are the sexual predators of the animal world.

pepe-le-pew-799x423.jpg

Back
Top Bottom