Matt Jones at #25????? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Jones at #25?????

dolfreak

RoNNiE 4 MVP
Reaction score
Skins at #25 all of a sudden????

I think Matt Jones is starting to gain some momentum....he would be perfect in the Gibbs Offense since he loves using an H-back/TE. Remember that Gibbs passed on Kellen Winslow in last years draft to get Sean Taylor but now he really needs a 6'6" receiving threat to play opposite Santana's 5'11" frame. It seems more and more unlikely every day that we're going to get him if we get an early 2nd rounder or even a late 1st Dolfans:mad:

it does seem like this kid has climbed up alot it would b nice to get hijm in the second if got a second round pick but i dont thnk he would last that long any more

I don't think it will be Jason Campbell. I can almost bet that Jason Campbell is a smokescreen. I think it will be Matt Jones. I live here in DC and watch lots of their games as my family are die hard Skins fans. You can be sure that Patrick Ramsey will remain a starting QB, and that the Skins will draft Pac-Man Jones and Matt Jones. Remember they won't have Rod Gardner and need someone along side Santana. Honestly Santana and Jones could be a dangerous combo. Skins will pick up a TE later in the draft. IE Alex Smith in 3rd or 4th.

Plus they will have there CB in Pac-Man for loosing Smoot.

It won't be Matt Jones....he's not worth the 25th pick...and the redskins have already said they want Campbell....at 25.

Bowl_Bound said:
When we trade with Minny we should take him at 18 (assuming Meeriman is gone).

Are you saying we should take Matt Jones @ #18? I sure hope not...

:roflmao:

nando03 said:
I don't think it will be Jason Campbell. I can almost bet that Jason Campbell is a smokescreen. I think it will be Matt Jones. I live here in DC and watch lots of their games as my family are die hard Skins fans. You can be sure that Patrick Ramsey will remain a starting QB, and that the Skins will draft Pac-Man Jones and Matt Jones. Remember they won't have Rod Gardner and need someone along side Santana. Honestly Santana and Jones could be a dangerous combo. Skins will pick up a TE later in the draft. IE Alex Smith in 3rd or 4th.

Plus they will have there CB in Pac-Man for loosing Smoot.

you know i did find it fishy that they would trade up NOW if they wanted campbell... theres a lot of teams that want campbell and making it known your gonna take him at 25 would be dumb cause than another team can move up before 25 and grab him... sounds VERY smokescreenish to do that 3 days before the draft and make it be known who you want...

arsenal said:
you know i did find it fishy that they would trade up NOW if they wanted campbell... theres a lot of teams that want campbell and making it known your gonna take him at 25 would be dumb cause than another team can move up before 25 and grab him... sounds VERY smokescreenish to do that 3 days before the draft and make it be known who you want...

Most teams want Campbell but with a 2nd round pick...not many will reach...but it appears the Redskins will. I highly doubt that the Redskins would trade up at such a cost to grab an unproven ex-QB like Matt Jones that has to learn to play a new position...it would be the worst trade of all times....even worse than the cost for trading for Ricky. A first, a third and a fourth...for an unproven player...I don't think so....Gibbs would be run out of Washington on a rail.

Bowl_Bound said:
When we trade with Minny we should take him at 18 (assuming Meeriman is gone).

The 18 pick will be Marcus Spears... only because of what Saban sees in him. I hope we don't pass on any amazing players just to get Spears. He will be a good addition. At #7 Ronnine Brown #18 Marcus Spears, I'm happy with that.
If we have #46 from the Chiefs I like Mike Nugent, or best defensive player available. Mcpherson could be a nice pick , I say try for him in the 3rd round with #70.

Rnd1
#7 - Ronnie Brown
18 - Marcus Spears
Rnd2
46 - Mike Nugent
Rnd3
70 - Adrian Mcpherson

I have know idea about any day 2 picks, but I know Saban will do great at selecting the best talent for our team.

dolfreak said:
I think Matt Jones is starting to gain some momentum....he would be perfect in the Gibbs Offense since he loves using an H-back/TE. Remember that Gibbs passed on Kellen Winslow in last years draft to get Sean Taylor but now he really needs a 6'6" receiving threat to play opposite Santana's 5'11" frame. It seems more and more unlikely every day that we're going to get him if we get an early 2nd rounder or even a late 1st Dolfans:mad:

id like to see Matt Jones in a Dolphins uniform. He is a QB, WR, TE in one. We could use another QB, WR, and TE. He is perfect for Miami

dolfreak said:
Skins at #25 all of a sudden????

I think you nailed it, why would Gibbs announce hes after Campbell? They don't announce who they are really after. There is always the chance its a reverse smokescreen, but I doubt it. Gibbs was hanging real tight onto Ramsey last year turning down big offers.

fishypete said:
Most teams want Campbell but with a 2nd round pick...not many will reach...but it appears the Redskins will. I highly doubt that the Redskins would trade up at such a cost to grab an unproven ex-QB like Matt Jones that has to learn to play a new position...it would be the worst trade of all times....even worse than the cost for trading for Ricky. A first, a third and a fourth...for an unproven player...I don't think so....Gibbs would be run out of Washington on a rail.

i was assuming that doing all this for jones would be dumb too... but its also dumb to trade up PRE-DRAFT DAY and announce who you will take... if they wanted campbell they could have waited till draft day to make this trade and made it a surprise... having it knwon is asking for trouble...

arsenal said:
i was assuming that doing all this for jones would be dumb too... but its also dumb to trade up PRE-DRAFT DAY and announce who you will take... if they wanted campbell they could have waited till draft day to make this trade and made it a surprise... having it knwon is asking for trouble...

He trades all that for an unproven player...he really wants out of coaching. It take years to learn to be a receiver...you just don't learn overnight...like I said...it would be the worst trade of all time....even the Walker trade made some sense....even if they didn't get kissed before hand. To risk the teams future...on Jones? Yikes.

Back
Top Bottom