Matt Jones Ends Up Where? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Jones Ends Up Where?

dolfreak

RoNNiE 4 MVP
Reaction score
Out of Curiosity, where do u guys think Matt Jones will end up? Will he be a mid to late first rounder, early second, or other? What Team do you think will pick him up ?

I personally hope we can get this guy with a 2nd rounder that we get from a Surtain deal, but as time goes on this seems unlikely. If he does go in the first round though i think he can end up being the #23 pick going to SEATTLE(they desperately need receiving help for Hasselbeck of any kind TE, or WR) or even to DENVER at #25(Shanahan loves BIG Receivers and TE). The JETS scare me with that #26 also.

But at the end of the day an aqua and orange JONES jersey would look really nice next to Chambers, Booker, and McMichael.

Ronnie, Cambell, Jones would be a very good combo....

the only thing i see wrong with that is that Saban thinks Matt Jones is a very good QB so getting him and Cambell would probably not happen

Matt Jones is going into the draft as a QB though. He and his agent have stated that he's a WR posiibly even Tight End. He's a prototypical H-Back in the NFL, but just with the AMAZING top line speed and hands of a WR.

He might be one of those guys that gets picked a lot earlier then what he is projected IMO. I see him being one of those players that a coach could fall in love with and take him a little early to ensure getting him. Seattle is a good guess and Atlanta could possibly take a chance on him as well. I don't see him getting passed Philly though. They don't have any glaring needs and can afford to take a chance with him.

On second thought, I don't think he gets passed Pittsburgh. Cowher seems to like these types of projects and loves the trick plays. Matt Jones would be a nice addition for him and he can do a lot of stuff with him. Not to mention that they lost Burress.

Steelers is a good team for JONES, your right. But hopefully theres not too much draft parody this year because you know that Mr. Belichick and his 5 wide sets would love to throw a Deion Branch, David Terrell, David Givens, Bethel Johnson, and MATT JONES combination. Or how about the 3 TE Goal Line Set of Graham,Watson, JONES, and throw in Vrabel and Seymour at that.THAT LOOKS UNSTOPPABLE. Even though the Patriots have taken 2 TE in the first round the last couple of years, it still wouldn't surprise me if NE takes him with the #32. PLEASE GOD NO !!! Belichick understands VALUE in the draft (Wilfork at in the #20's, C'mon) and JONES at #32 is a STEAL

For sure. If they have him rated as the best player available at number 32, there is no doubt about it. He is very stern on drafting BPA even if he's loaded at the position and after what happend to the 2ndary last year, I'm guessing he thinks depth at any position is crucial and never overkill.

Or how about a 3 TE Goal Line Set of Graham,Watson, JONES, and throw in Vrabel and Seymour. I hate you Bill, but I wish u were our coach the last 6 years.

What will be interesting to see this year, is whether or not they'll be able to get those guys involved or be able to pull something off with a 3TE set in the absence of Weis. I think the Patriots O will downshift a gear or two this year. They'll probably rely on Dillon a little more this year and not have that wide open 1st play of the game out of a 5 wide set garbage going on as much. I ****ing hate the Patriots!:fire:

:roflmao: if matt jones is still around when the pats are picking he most definitely will be grabbed by bill b and company, but most likely he will be gone before that.. but then again alot of people last yr thought theres noway vince would still be around at 21 and he was, and he had a great yr as a rookie!

ben watson is a stud te watch out he will really put on a show this yr .....

I am thinking that the Steelers take him in the 1st round

Back
Top Bottom