Matt Jones Highlight's | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Jones Highlight's

Well I just read that at an awards banquet his parents were given a highlight video of his career at Arkansas. So a video exists. Hopefully Arkansas would be smart enough to reproduce it and make it available for sale.

doesnt look fast

but man he eats up the turf. looks kinda like moss in the open field, he makes dbs take bad angles because he is so smooth. i know he has never played receiver but bball skills seem to translate to receiver. i would love to have this guy on the phins.

Unless we trade down, we have no shot at him. He's gonna go late 1st or early 2nd.

Oh my god, the 1st clip is all you have to see of this guy. He completely out ran that Corner and Safety, sure he had the jump on them both but THEY are MEANT to be able to run down a QB in seconds. The guy is a BEAST for a QB. I would be so excited for the guy as a QB prospect as well as WR. I hope that we have a pick in the 2nd round because I bet Saban would snatch this guy. His quote "Matt Jones won more games single handedly than any other player in the SEC" gives us a great idea of what Saban thinks about the kid.

Phinfan31 said:
Oh my god, the 1st clip is all you have to see of this guy. He completely out ran that Corner and Safety, sure he had the jump on them both but THEY are MEANT to be able to run down a QB in seconds. The guy is a BEAST for a QB. I would be so excited for the guy as a QB prospect as well as WR. I hope that we have a pick in the 2nd round because I bet Saban would snatch this guy. His quote "Matt Jones won more games single handedly than any other player in the SEC" gives us a great idea of what Saban thinks about the kid.

Well, I'm sure Saban is interested in the guy. He's not really been one to shy away from changing players positions and whatnot.

But I dont think Jones is really a QB prospect. He has never really been that great of a quarterback. Amazing athelete? Sure. Great quarterback? Not really.

Well i think he would make a huge contribution whatever position he played, he reminds me of Owens with that run of his. Not necessarily moves, etc. because I didnt see any in that clip but it looks like a white TO running down the field.

imagine him in the red zone..or in a flee-flicker...WOW!!
A bigger, stronger, faster Jim Jensen...

Matt Jones may be Jim Jensen on speed. Jensen is the player I compare Jones to the most. People forget that Jensen was a quarterback in college that became a tight end/wide receiver/third down back/special teams demon/emergency quarterback in the NFL.

Matt Jones is very, very similar. I don't know that he will ever excell at any one position, but he is a player that will make an impact at several different positions. He's going to be a match up problem. Corners won't be able to match him physically, and linebackers/safeties have no chance of taking him one on one.

If we had that second round pick, I'm more than certain that Nick Saban would take Matt Jones if available.

Ronnie Brown and Matt Jones....two players who are complete weapons.

I'm on the bandwagon. This guy has the physical tools...I don't care if he can't play quarterback -- A.J. can!? Lets take this guy and put him wherever!!

Back
Top Bottom