Matt Jones to Baltimore at 22? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Jones to Baltimore at 22?

caneaddict

Pro Bowler
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
According to the guys at ESPN, it looks more likely that he won't even be around at the end of the 1st.

Wow, I'm really surprised. He was considered to be moving fast when he was a late 1st early 2nd. Now he's encroaching on the middle 1st.

Here's to hoping we trade with Minny and get Jones at #18(or trade down a bit and then take him) .

Well, he better play QB in Baltimore because he's a few years away from being a solid WR in the NFL & they already have Todd Heap so he ain't playing TE. Boller sux anyway!:D

I'd be suprised to see Jones go in Round 1 but I'm no expert...

More than one big time draftnik - professional people who make a living with this - thinks that Matt Jones will go in the top 12. In fact one of them believes that he will go in the top 10 based on what they have heard. This is from insider sites and more info can be found in the FH members area, where they is some really great draft gossip.

Suffice to say that there are a LOT of people who don't think Jones will be there at 12 let alone 22.

And then reality hits and he goes in the 20's the earlier, 40's the latest.

If Jones goes top twelve, does that make this years reciever class stronger than the last couple years? I think it might.

caneaddict said:
According to the guys at ESPN, it looks more likely that he won't even be around at the end of the 1st.

Wow, I'm really surprised. He was considered to be moving fast when he was a late 1st early 2nd. Now he's encroaching on the middle 1st.

Here's to hoping we trade with Minny and get Jones at #18(or trade down a bit and then take him) .

I've heard some people say carolina might bite early and take him at #14...which would be amazingly high for a guy that was a qb bout 3 monthes ago

Boomer said:
More than one big time draftnik - professional people who make a living with this - thinks that Matt Jones will go in the top 12. In fact one of them believes that he will go in the top 10 based on what they have heard. This is from insider sites and more info can be found in the FH members area, where they is some really great draft gossip.

Suffice to say that there are a LOT of people who don't think Jones will be there at 12 let alone 22.

:eek: :fire:

Wow. Apparently I'm not the only one who is shocked by his skills. I've been sitting here the past few weeks watching his highlights (that sick one handed catch) and looking at his stats. I kept feeling like something has to be wrong with me because in my opinion he is going to flat dominate and how the heck will he fall to the end of the 1st (either I'm crazy or the whole league is crazy-obviously I thought I was crazy), but this makes me feel more sane. There as NEVER been anyone in the league with his combination of size/speed along with natural athletic talent.

Well this might mean that we don't get Matt Jones but if he goes top 10 I'll be happy. If he goes at the end of the 1st and it's not to us .... I'll really cry. For anyone that doubts him, all I want to know is - how do you cover him?

I posted a mock draft last week where we traded down with Minn. and picked MJ with #18 and I got massacred. People called me stupid for suggesting he would go that high. It would be funny if he went higher than that. I would love to see him in aqua next year.

Boomer said:

Hey Boomer,
Well, what do you think? I just find it hard to believe that Jones will go in the top-12, especially since he has been a QB his entire career. I've gotta think that there will be a substantial learning curve for him at the next level. While I certainly can't argue with his physical talent there are a lot of very talented guys who cannot adjust to the play in the nfl. I'm interested in your thoughts, thanks.

I wouldnt want him at 18 to be honest. Id rather take Clayton if we are looking for a WR. That just seems to high for a guy who never played the position before. I like Jones, think he will do well, but he is still a gamble.

I want the Dolphins to keep the number two pick and choose either Ronnie Brown or Braylon Edwards. Jones would be more then welcome if they chose him as high as number two, but that is just too unrealistic. I just want the Dolphins to add a playmaker on offense. No matter what.

DreamWeaver said:
Hey Boomer,
Well, what do you think? I just find it hard to believe that Jones will go in the top-12, especially since he has been a QB his entire career. I've gotta think that there will be a substantial learning curve for him at the next level. While I certainly can't argue with his physical talent there are a lot of very talented guys who cannot adjust to the play in the nfl. I'm interested in your thoughts, thanks.

I also find it hard but the rumours are strong and getting stronger. Minnesota, Washington, Detroit, Dallas and Carolina have all been mentioned. I can't see how he can get higher than Mark Clayton, but if rumours are to be believed then it's possible.

Again, I will be surprised, but the the draft always surprises.

Back
Top Bottom