Matt Jones | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Jones

Dubfire said:
Now some are comparing him to Randy Moss!! :roflmao:

:eek:

Man I'd love to meet someone who actually thinks that so I can point my finger at them and laugh.

:roflmao:

FinzManiac said:
:eek:

Man I'd love to meet someone who actually thinks that so I can point my finger at them and laugh.

:roflmao:

Yea...no lie!!!! Matt Jones IS NOT a loud-mouthed, arrogant, self-absorbed little PUNK! He's a TEAM PLAYER....It's an insult to Jones to compare the two!

MJ did pretty much did it all during his time at arkansas. At any given time he was the biggest freak on the football field. Houston Nutt recognized he has the potential to make something happen everytime he touched the ball, and qb's touch it every play, that is why he played qb. The guy knows how to deliver a powerful stiff arm as well. I couldn't even tell you how many times he made players look silly. If he's there in the 2nd, and we have a 2nd, I say grab him, if he's there in the 3rd, there is no doubt.

TouchDown said:
Speaking as an Arkansan...Jones would do something every week in practice that would just blow everyone away. Most of the time he was playing receiver when this would happen as he would make some impossible catch. My point, Matt Jones has plenty of practice time at receiver. It will not all be new to him.

Also, why would you take the potentially fastest guy on your team and play him at TE? Jones creates plenty of matchup problems at WR with shorter CB's.

I'm from Heber myself, and I have to agree with you on all points.

Jones is a clearcut 2nd round pick as a wide reciever. Before all of this hype, he was my sleeper of the draft. Looks like the world has woken up.

DonShula84 said:
you ever see the guy play?

Yeah, Basketball. He usually dribbles the football more than he does the basketball. He really had trouble taking care of the football. He might be the bomb at WR/Slash type. But that is a "flyer" pick whith somebody who has one to waste. That wouldn't be us.

SECfootball said:
I'm from Heber myself, and I have to agree with you on all points.

Jones is a clearcut 2nd round pick as a wide reciever. Before all of this hype, he was my sleeper of the draft. Looks like the world has woken up.

I'm from a little town called leslie, stationed in oklahoma city now. At the end of the season, I figued he would be a second day pick, somewhere around the 5th-6th round because of lack of t.v. coverage. I never thought he would get this much attention.

Long striding lanky WRs never seem to fully pan out

That's just my impression of 30+ years of watching NFL football. The hype invariably exceeds the production. I thought Cris Collinsworth would be terrific in the NFL. He was only pretty good. The DBs whispered he was easy to guess and cover because it took him so long to slow down and change direction due to the long stride. We all remember Larry Shannon.

Matt Jones has got some Eric Dickerson and Randy Moss in him in that he doesn't look like he's running that fast, but all he does is separate from seemingly faster players. He will create matchup problems in the red zone, although I think the fade is the most overrated and worthless play in football other than the squib kickoff. When you have no clue what to do, throw the fade! Our AFC East opponents got to the point they were almost laughing at us for trying it so often with Gadsden a few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom