Matt Jones | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Jones

NorthFloridaFin

Bring on the Ted Ginn Era
Reaction score
I just can't comprehend what people see in this guy. True, he may be big and fast, but that is it. Why would some people want us to waste a draft pick on this guy, who is nothing more than a project, when we've got alot more needs to fill than a QB turned WR.

i just don't like the idea of wasting a high pick on a project saban's first year, i feel he needs to get all of his other ducks in a row before he starts to take on 100% project picks

I agree my friend. We need so much more than an X factor...

I did watch Matt ball against the Horns this year, and last year. He IS a fantastic talent. Plays great in the lines. But w have NEEDS, not wants.

Unless a few extra picks fall into our laps, we will not even sniff this guy.

-GV

NorthFloridaFin said:
I just can't comprehend what people see in this guy. True, he may be big and fast, but that is it. Why would some people want us to waste a draft pick on this guy, who is nothing more than a project, when we've got alot more needs to fill than a QB turned WR.

Another workout warrior thats all. :shakeno:

You know, 3 weeks ago, no one knew who the hell Matt Jones was. Now some are comparing him to Randy Moss!! :roflmao:

Things like that is what makes me both love and hate the offseason.

Dubfire said:
You know, 3 weeks ago, no one knew who the hell Matt Jones was. Now some are comparing him to Randy Moss!! :roflmao:

Things like that is what makes me both love and hate the offseason.
it just amazes me how everyone "including myself sometimes" tries to induce whatever entertainment they can out of the offseason i think the whole Matt Jones for a first round pick is one of times

DonShula84 said:
you ever see the guy play?

Most of the people on this site have seen him play, QB that is!!! Just because he can run doesn't mean we need to waste a draft pick on this guy!! All his highlight films are nothing more than him running the ball, not throwing, not catching. Hell, why don't we just draft him #2 overall, he's bigger and faster than Ronnie Brown, Cadillac and Benson!!!!:D

DonShula84 said:
you ever see the guy play?

Agree!!!

Matt played WR in high school, he has great hands, runs good routes, and is an incredible athlete. Have you guys heard what Saban has said about him? Saban does not give thos type of acolades to just anybody.
If we adquire a 2nd rd (by trading down, or Surtain's trade) dont be too surprise if you see this kid wearing a dolphin uniform next year.

NorthFloridaFin said:
Most of the people on this site have seen him play, QB that is!!! Just because he can run doesn't mean we need to waste a draft pick on this guy!! All his highlight films are nothing more than him running the ball, not throwing, not catching. Hell, why don't we just draft him #2 overall, he's bigger and faster than Ronnie Brown, Cadillac and Benson!!!!:D

Because that high is a waste, I know you are being serious, but taking him in the 2nd or 3rd round could pay off. You see how he can run, I dont know how his hands are, but if he proved in his workouts that he can catch the ball, with his athletic ability he isnt just some overhyped nobody. The guy has amazing potential. I think taking him in the 1st is a stretch, but if we got him later in the draft I wouldnt be upset in the least.

NorthFloridaFin said:

I gather you did not see him in the senior bowl. You missed a heck of a performance in Mobile. He impressed the scouts there with his route running and pass catching ability the week before the game. And during the game you missed an incredible one handed catch in the end zone.
Listen, I respect your opinion... But dont put down the guy if you havent seen him play WR.

He is a wonderful athlete. There's no question about that. Does that make him a great football player? NO!! He has never played a down of WR n his entire college career!!

Give me a team of FOOTBALL players over athletes any day.

If it was about athletes, then let's put Dwayne Wade at RB, Lebron James at WR and grab a couple guys from the WWE to play on the OL. ANd see if Allen Iverson can play QB. AFter all he is a HELL of an athlete and was a great HS QB.

:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom