Matt Jones??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Jones???

phinpunk14

Rock and/or Roll
Reaction score
If we manage to get a 2nd round pick through trade, is there any chance we take Matt Jones? He could be used to fill a number of holes including QB, 3rd wide receiver, or maybe even TE in two TE sets.

He may go in the late first round and we have to many needs to take a project player.

Apparantly, he visited Miami, amongst other teams sometime over the last few weeks (source:TFY). Interesting...

1.7 (from Minnesota for #2) RB Caddilac Williams, RB Auburn
1.18 (from Minnesota for #2) Marcus Spears DT, LSU
2 (from KC for Surtain) Brodney Poole. FS, Oklahoma.
3 Adrian McPherson, QB, Florida St.
4 Ben Wilkerson, C, LSU
5 Steve Savoy, WR, Utah
5 (from KC for Surtain) Kelvin Hayden, DB, Illinois
7 Khari Long DE/LB Baylor
I like that mock draft, but I think Benson has the better shot at being there at 7 than Brown, but that may just be because I WANT him to be there, lol

I would think Saban/BB/Mularkey would be interested in a player who can play multiple positions.

If he did end up a fin, he'd be the best qb on your team.

sorry couldn't help myself. :escape:

Saban was with LSU...Jones was with Bama. So if anyone knows about Jones' ability that isnt biased about him then id trust Saban. Saying Jones wouldnt work well in miami cause hes a "project player" is ignorant. The guy will make a good impact on whatever team steals him in the late 1st-2nd round.

Justasportsfan said:
I would think Saban/BB/Mularkey would be interested in a player who can play multiple positions.

If he did end up a fin, he'd be the best qb on your team.

sorry couldn't help myself. :escape:

this coming from someone whos starting QB is as proven as Feely

How long does it take for a receiver to learn his trade? years and years...and most college players don't know enough when they come to the NFL....so why would you want a guy like Jones....who doesn't know the position....and would be such a project?
Take Clayton....take Roby...Take Jackson....all would be far better choice at receiver.
Here's another thought....Matt Jones hasn't played receiver in anger....he hasn't taken a shot in anger....do any of you know how he'll react? NOT one headcoach...not one GM can tell you....that should raise a very large red flag.

fishypete said:
How long does it take for a receiver to learn his trade? years and years...and most college players don't know enough when they come to the NFL....so why would you want a guy like Jones....who doesn't know the position....and would be such a project?
Take Clayton....take Roby...Take Jackson....all would be far better choice at receiver.
Here's another thought....Matt Jones hasn't played receiver in anger....he hasn't taken a shot in anger....do any of you know how he'll react? NOT one headcoach...not one GM can tell you....that should raise a very large red flag.

If Matt Jones won't be around for our next pick then those WRs you named (well clayton anyway) definately won't be. I haven't bought in to matt jones so I'm not defending him, just stating that at least clayton won't be available if jones isn't cuz he's gonna go before him

KingPhin05 said:
Saban was with LSU...Jones was with Bama. So if anyone knows about Jones' ability that isnt biased about him then id trust Saban. Saying Jones wouldnt work well in miami cause hes a "project player" is ignorant. The guy will make a good impact on whatever team steals him in the late 1st-2nd round.

Jones was with Arkansas. You were close, still an SEC team. I'd love, love, love for Matt to be a Phin next year. I trust him to make the transition to WR well and if he does, I expect some HUGE things from him. Well worth the risk.

Back
Top Bottom