Matt Mauck? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Mauck?

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
I just read he is entering the draft as a Jr. What is the word from the so called experts saying about this kid? I really didnt get to see him play at all last year, but he had some great stats he actully had a better passer rating than Eli. What are the knocks, and good attributes on this guy?

No matter what his passer rating is it doesnt mean ****. Toledo's QB was the highest rated passer in the NCAA last year and he isnt even in the league. This year they had the another one the highest rated qb's in the NCaa and he doesnt get any props either. Maybe next year he will though. Although i believe maybe it is time their coach gets some credit.

He's a day 2 pick & 5th round at best. He'll get drafted though.

So he's coming out "early" (even though he's 24...played baseball)?? BTW - when is the deadline to declare??

Anyway, he's just not that good IMO. Reminds me alot of Jay Fiedler. Good leader. Tough. Deceptively athletic. Constantly gets himself out of trouble with Houdini-like escapes. In short, he's a winner.

But he's just not that great of a "quarterback". Not overly accurate. I don't think he sees the entire field. And I question whether he could even be as successful as Fiedler in the NFL.

Just my opinion based on the games I saw.

He was a playmaker at LSU and if I remember right the dude is HUGE. Actually reminds me of a poor man's Rivers.

Ok he's 6'3" 215 lbs. Maybe not HUGE but I remember the game he came in I think his sophomore or freshman year against the Tennessee Vols and he beat them.

Tennessee thought they iced the game when they knocked the starter out. This was the SEC championship game. He led a comeback and beat them it was pretty impressive. I remember in the game he just looked so big and tough and hard to bring down running the ball.

Dude did pass for 28 touchdowns this year. In the SEC thats gotta count for somethin. He made Deverey Henderson and Mike Clayton look pretty good...though they may have made him look good who knows.

Prolly like a 5th/6th round guy.

Well Tom Brady was a 6th round pick...freakin guy has two Superbowl rings.

I really don't know anything about Matt, but the draft sure is a crap shoot.

Originally posted by Muck
So he's coming out "early" (even though he's 24...played baseball)?? BTW - when is the deadline to declare??

Anyway, he's just not that good IMO. Reminds me alot of Jay Fiedler. Good leader. Tough. Deceptively athletic. Constantly gets himself out of trouble with Houdini-like escapes. In short, he's a winner.

But he's just not that great of a "quarterback". Not overly accurate. I don't think he sees the entire field. And I question whether he could even be as successful as Fiedler in the NFL.

Just my opinion based on the games I saw.

Mauck played minor league baseball in the Chicago Cubs organization. Nick Saban tried recruiting him when he was at Michigan State (I think) and Mauck decided to play college football when Saban left Michigan State for LSU, so Mauck went to LSU with Saban.

People thought Mauck might leave college football for dental school :lol: and I was surprised when he left for the NFL. Mauck is a second day pick, he should have stayed at LSU for one more year.

I know Matt and he's a great guy. He's kind of a hometown hero here. He's a stand-up guy and a winner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, deadline to declare is Friday.

Originally posted by Surferosa
Matt MUCK ???

Yeah, even the kids at LSU are obsessed with "The Legend". But I heard it's one of those internet hoaxes you read on Snopes.

Back
Top Bottom