Matt Moore | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Moore

Moore won games against weak teams and by moore I mean the defense and the running game won games against weak teams. Look at the offensive production, we're pretty much at the bottom of everything passing related because moore wasnt asked to do anything spectacular. When he was, we got killed. There is no X factor to matt moore. The only people that think so are delusional fans who think 500 football is respectable. Not one expert thinks this guy is a winner and obviously neither does our coaching staff or GM since we drafted a qb at 8 when we have other glaring holes.

I think Moore wants to be a starter in the NFL and he ends up being a starter this year for us then why would he sign up here for another 3 years knwing Tannehill will be our guy. He will hit FA and go to a team that needs a QB like we had been doing for years.

When you don't have a 300 yard passing game all season it's obvious that you weren't asked to do too much. I think the broncos were the only team with a more unbalanced run pass ratio than us last season. moore is a game manager, nothing more. If the Bears had him last season to fill in the time before the playoffs and when Cutlers finger would be healed, the bears might have been the super bowl champs. Even though Yates did fairly well, moore might have been able to guide that team past the ravens since the texans are pretty stacked everywhere except WR if you don't count Andre Johnson.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

I think Moore wants to be a starter in the NFL and he ends up being a starter this year for us then why would he sign up here for another 3 years knwing Tannehill will be our guy. He will hit FA and go to a team that needs a QB like we had been doing for years.

maybe a sign and trade? i dont think we'd get enough to risk being stuck with him. Get him out of here so we can knock off this stupid homerism about a guy with limited skill.

Matt Moore is a bum. The only reason I'd want him to start is so he can suck and all the idiot fans who love him will STFU and let Tannehill take over so we can actually have a shot, if Tannehill end up working out. Garrad would be the perfect stop gap QB for grooming a rookie because of his age. Whent he time comes there will be no controversy. With Moore, like with a Tebow, you have a less skill player who in the minds of stupid fans brings some sort of X factor to the huddle.

The best example of why Moore is a bum can be seen in the Dallas game last year. Dude basically lost it single handly with horrible red zone awareness, inaccuarte throws....hell the dude couldnt even get the snap count right or catch a shotgun snap. His best play of the day was an underthrow marshall who had his man beat by over 10 yards.

clear.gif

I'll never understand the love for matt moore. A career backup with little to no potential to be a great NFL starter. were people like this on these boards during the fielder days too? Hell Fiedler was better than Moore IMO, especially for that team. If you take away the bad pick 6s we might have had a chance.

I'll never understand the love for matt moore. A career backup with little to no potential to be a great NFL starter. were people like this on these boards during the fielder days too? Hell Fiedler was better than Moore IMO, especially for that team. If you take away the bad pick 6s we might have had a chance.

I'll never understand your vile hatred and lack of objectivity in assessing his game. Oh ya he's awful. 2011 Team MVP (elected by his peers) after getting signed late and getting absolutely no preseason 1st team reps because of Sparano's butt love for Chad Henne.

God Matt Moore! Why are you so bad! LOL.

And please spare me the reply where you exaggerate by saying I'm insinuating he's a franchise QB yet. That train is never late.

The biggest problem I had with Moore is his fans who make it like he's a franchise QB. It got really annoying.

The biggest problem I had with Moore is his fans who make it like he's a franchise QB. It got really annoying.

I dont think anyone is making him a franchise QB, but he certainly deserves more respect around here than what he gets. And it wouldnt be so bad if he was delegated the starter for a season or two while Tanny is waiting in the wings.

I dont think anyone is making him a franchise QB, but he certainly deserves more respect around here than what he gets. And it wouldnt be so bad if he was delegated the starter for a season or two while Tanny is waiting in the wings.

They did last year when he was winning those games. I think he's a solid QB, and if he earns the starting job then he deserves to start.

This is how the bashers attempt to win the argument though. They take the conversation into the "he's not a franchise QB who can put the team on his shoulders" anytime someone says something positive about him. He's definitely not that at this stage in his career. But he's shown he has a good canvas to work with. Thank God we actually have a regime with some decent QB assessment skills.

He's not a franchise QB, but he clearly isnt a bum either. He was a clear upgrade over Henne.
This is how the bashers attempt to win the argument though. They take the conversation into the "he's not a franchise QB who can put the team on his shoulders" anytime someone says something positive about him. He's definitely not that at this stage in his career. But he's shown he has a good canvas to work with. Thank God we actually have a regime with some decent QB assessment skills.

2a5c1md-1.jpg

I wasn't bashing him. I was just saying people were overrating him last year. I think he's a solid QB. Just because I'm not saying he's the next Brady doesn't mean I'm a hater.

Moore won games against weak teams and by moore I mean the defense and the running game won games against weak teams. Look at the offensive production, we're pretty much at the bottom of everything passing related because moore wasnt asked to do anything spectacular. When he was, we got killed. There is no X factor to matt moore. The only people that think so are delusional fans who think 500 football is respectable. Not one expert thinks this guy is a winner and obviously neither does our coaching staff or GM since we drafted a qb at 8 when we have other glaring holes.

The defense was certainly responsible for Moore's 3 three TD games through the year. Also, clearly his x-factor was leading the Dolphins to be 13th in the league in pass players over 20 yards while Henne contributed very little to this category in the games he started. Not bad for a team that had only one legitimate deep threat, and even he was a guy whose departure ignorant fans cheered because they felt like he wasn't that good.

I'll never understand your vile hatred and lack of objectivity in assessing his game. Oh ya he's awful. 2011 Team MVP (elected by his peers) after getting signed late and getting absolutely no preseason 1st team reps because of Sparano's butt love for Chad Henne.

God Matt Moore! Why are you so bad! LOL.

And please spare me the reply where you exaggerate by saying I'm insinuating he's a franchise QB yet. That train is never late.

Matt Moore has started 35 games in the Nfl
Moore has won only 4 games against teams that ended the season
with winning records. Two of those wins came on the last games of the season
with Tampa in 2007 and New Orleans of 2009 where both teams rested most of their starters

2011 Moore didn't beat a team that ended the season with a winning record
2010 Moore didn't beat a team that ended the season with a winning record
2009 Moore beat 2 teams that ended with a winning record including New Orleans who sat starters
the last game of the regular season
2008 didn't play
2007 Moore beat 2 teams that ended with winning records including
Tampa who rested many of their normal starters, including QB Jeff Garcia, RB Earnest Graham and WR Joey Galloway
the last game of the regular season

Much could be said that Moore played for crappy teams
or was Moore part of the reason those teams were crappy?

2007 Carolina was 7-9
2008 Carolina was 12-4 but Moore didn't play in any games
2009 Carolina was 8-8
2010 Carolina was 2-14
2011 Miami was 6-10

Beating 2 teams that ended with winning records in 5 years
with another 2 wins against teams that had rested their starters
doesn't instill confidence that Moore has the ability to consistently win against decent teams

Back
Top Bottom