Matt Moore | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Moore

MarSly

Active Roster
Reaction score
I'm tired of the Matt Moore bashing.The guy earns a extension for several more years to be Tannehill's backup next year.You'll have a good one two punch for 3 or 4 seasons until Moore moves on.David Garrard is the one who gets cut first..

I'm tired of the Matt Moore bashing.The guy earns a extension for several more years to be Tannehill's backup next year.You'll have a good one two punch for 3 or 4 seasons until Moore moves on.David Garrard is the one who gets cut first..
I couldn't agree more.

I don't think anyone has a problem with Moore being re-signed as a backup. As a starter....eh.

I agree Mat Morre earned at least a backup spot but I can't wait to see all 3 QB's in the new offence. Time will tell....

I'm fine with him as a backup next year. Hopefully not a starter unless he does something amazing this year...

I understand your man-crush on Matt Moore but it will be very difficult for him to beat Garrard who has experience in the WCO.

Matt Moore had had only one good year in the nfl, before I committ a long term contract I want to see another solid year.

Could we see all three on the roster come opening day? This is a question not a statement. I know the players would not like it as one of them would be in the third spot. For Dolphin fans it would be great to have all three on the team. Talk about depth!
What say you guys? Can we keep all three? Will the players respond to this scenario?

Could we see all three on the roster come opening day? This is a question not a statement. I know the players would not like it as one of them would be in the third spot. For Dolphin fans it would be great to have all three on the team. Talk about depth!
What say you guys? Can we keep all three? Will the players respond to this scenario?

I pretty much expect Tannehill to be the 3rd QB this season. Now as far as the QB battle between Moore and Garrard I know both of them want to start somewhere but whoever loses is pretty much going to have to deal with being the backup here because even if they were released or traded they'd probably just be a backup elsewhere. If I was a GM or coach for the phins I would definitely be trying to keep all 3 because Garrard is the best QB when healthy but his health would still be a big concern for me so I would want to keep Moore for insurance because I don't think Tannehill is anywhere near ready to play in the NFL.

I pretty much expect Tannehill to be the 3rd QB this season. Now as far as the QB battle between Moore and Garrard I know both of them want to start somewhere but whoever loses is pretty much going to have to deal with being the backup here because even if they were released or traded they'd probably just be a backup elsewhere. If I was a GM or coach for the phins I would definitely be trying to keep all 3 because Garrard is the best QB when healthy but his health would still be a big concern for me so I would want to keep Moore for insurance because I don't think Tannehill is anywhere near ready to play in the NFL.

This pretty well sums it up.

Matt Moore is a bum. The only reason I'd want him to start is so he can suck and all the idiot fans who love him will STFU and let Tannehill take over so we can actually have a shot, if Tannehill end up working out. Garrad would be the perfect stop gap QB for grooming a rookie because of his age. Whent he time comes there will be no controversy. With Moore, like with a Tebow, you have a less skill player who in the minds of stupid fans brings some sort of X factor to the huddle.

The best example of why Moore is a bum can be seen in the Dallas game last year. Dude basically lost it single handly with horrible red zone awareness, inaccuarte throws....hell the dude couldnt even get the snap count right or catch a shotgun snap. His best play of the day was an underthrow marshall who had his man beat by over 10 yards.

Interesting original post.

The point of probably 95% of the people that "bash" Matt Moore is that his performance in 2011 was overrated and not an indicator that he is a long term starter at the quarterback position.

So the original poster takes a stance against these "bashers" and explains that he believes Matt Moore is a good...backup. Hmmm...

Matt Moore is a bum. The only reason I'd want him to start is so he can suck and all the idiot fans who love him will STFU and let Tannehill take over so we can actually have a shot, if Tannehill end up working out. Garrad would be the perfect stop gap QB for grooming a rookie because of his age. Whent he time comes there will be no controversy. With Moore, like with a Tebow, you have a less skill player who in the minds of stupid fans brings some sort of X factor to the huddle.

The best example of why Moore is a bum can be seen in the Dallas game last year. Dude basically lost it single handly with horrible red zone awareness, inaccuarte throws....hell the dude couldnt even get the snap count right or catch a shotgun snap. His best play of the day was an underthrow marshall who had his man beat by over 10 yards.

I remember desperately wanting Moore last year when Henne was in, and then Moore really made me cringe by having multiple 3 TD games, something a Dolphin QB hadn't done in years, and putting up points in single games that it took Henne three games to total. Also, the threat of being able to go deep on any play (the Dolphins were pretty much the lead in the league at plays over 20 yards during his time) was something I never wanted to see. Being able to hit bombs with regularity is simply not Dolphin football, and I was embarrassed to see that happening.

Are you a Henne fan?

How about the other 6 games he won? I suppose he gets 0 credit for those. Especially the week he was offensive player of the week. Oh, I forget, they were against inferior competition, like Miami is such a superior team..

Back
Top Bottom