matt roth and jason taylor next elite de tandem? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

matt roth and jason taylor next elite de tandem?

TRUDOLFAN54

PHINZ4LIFE!!!!
Reaction score
man i really am getting so pump up for the season this new combo is going to give teams fits.as much as last season was like a nightmare by far the worst season i as a fan have experienced in over 17 years we would not have saban and r.brown and matt roth and c.crowder on our team and now im just wating for the next era of dolphins football.

O dude ur making me mad talkin bout the season. It seems so far away and ill i have to watch is MLB :shakeno: . But yea give em time to develope these rookies will step in and take the defence to a whole new level.

I CANT WAIT

As far as this year goes, JT/Kevin Carter is an elite-enough DE tandem for me, unless we decide to play Carter at DT more often than I'm thinking we will. But in the future, Roth has the drive to become great, especially opposite Taylor.

But we do have to look at this somewhat realistically. How often do players stick with one team like JT and Zach Thomas? Do you think Crowder and Roth will always be Phins? I doubt it.

yeah as of right now i would say J.T.? carter would be more of one but in the future yes roth and J.T. will be nice together

I hope soo man The only downfall is that JT is getting old so they gotta start now this year if they wanna be a good duo for the next 3 years

I currently attend Purdue so all I watch/get during the school year is Big-10 football.

Matt was very good this year when he played Purdue and recorded a couple of sacks and had a lot of pressure on our QB. Although he seemed to bull rush alot in college which wont translate into much success in the NFL with the size of offensive lineman these days. He needs to pick up a few more moves to his arsenal and I think he could be a great DE in years to come. I think it is being a little overly optimistic however to think he could make any GREAT impact this year.

In two years, I think Roth will be a pro-bowler. He reminds me a lot of Freeney coming out of college. IMO, he was the biggest steal of the draft.

dolfan305 said:
imagine we still had ogunleye on the other side of JT. that would still be an elite tandem.

could you imagine a 3-4 with ogunleye and jt at outside backers

JT/KCarter/Roth combinded 25 sacks this season. I believe Dolphins D going be SACKMASTER!! with Channing, Seau, Spragon, D. Bowens, Holliday, Z. Thomas totals 45 sacks this season!! Sack Leader Taylor 14 K. Carter 13, Roth 8

roth hasnt even played a down in the nfl...i think you are putting expectations a lil too high...i dont expect much from him this year along with crowder

BillsCA said:
I currently attend Purdue so all I watch/get during the school year is Big-10 football.

Yeah, must suck having to watch the best conference in college football, with the biggest rivarly in college football...

BillsCA said:

Matt was very good this year when he played Purdue and recorded a couple of sacks and had a lot of pressure on our QB. Although he seemed to bull rush alot in college which wont translate into much success in the NFL with the size of offensive lineman these days. He needs to pick up a few more moves to his arsenal and I think he could be a great DE in years to come. I think it is being a little overly optimistic however to think he could make any GREAT impact this year.

Good post, it is great to see an objective bills fan every once in a while. I agree with your post 100%

I do not think Matt Roth is going to dominate this year, but I do think he is going to make a few plays this coming season. He is a strong guy with an amazing motor. I think he could be good for 5 to 8 sacks and a few pressures.

Killer D ahead of us

This D has the potential to be in the top 3. Watch out Baltimore & Pittsburgh the Miami D has your number.:fire:

Back
Top Bottom