Matt Roth = Chris Kelsay | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Roth = Chris Kelsay

Losman7

Greater of 2 Evils.
Reaction score
If you want to know what you've got in Roth look no further than Chris Kelsay.

They are nearly identical in size, 6'4'' 270. They had very similar college stats. Roth had, I believe, 9 more carrer sacks. Kelsay had about 50 more tackles.

Both are "high motor" guys. Rely on on constant effort and can outlast OLinman.

Also, this isn't a knock on Roth. Kelsay is gonna be a fine player as is Roth. Hell Kelsay is solely responsible for breaking Pennington last year.

Losman7 said:

They are nearly identical in size, 6'4'' 270. They had very similar college stats. Roth had, I believe, 9 more carrer sacks. Kelsay had about 50 more tackles.

Also, this isn't a knock on Roth. Kelsay is gonna be a fine player as is Roth. Hell Kelsay is solely responsible for breaking Pennington last year.
And props to Kelsay for knocking out The Chad. He probably wont be ready for training camp cause his shoulder needed surgery. Anything that hurts the NYJ puts a smile on my face :D

Losman7 said:

I could agree with that probably, but their success in the NFL will be different. Roth will have the priviledge of lining up opposite of Jason Taylor. Any DE that lines up opposite of JT is good for 10 sacks. But we have not had a DE opposite of JT with the motor that Roth posseses. So it should be pretty interesting once Roth becomes a full-time starter. Roth should destroy RTs, because opponents will be too busy double-teaming JT.

Losman7 said:

Not a knock on Kelsay, but my grandmother could break Pennington. And she's been dead since '97.

Not a knock on Pennington but...I just wanted to say the not a knock line...sorry

Breaking Pennington was Kelsays career highlight.

Perhaps Roth could follow suit.

Losman7 said:
Breaking Pennington was Kelsays career highlight.

Perhaps Roth could follow suit.
Follow suit and be a star too hopefully.

Losman7 said:

I think that's a really fair assessment. Both arguable first-round guys who slipped into the second (and about the same spot, I believe?).

Both with a lightning first step and good explosion, good motor, tenacious and quick.

I think Roth is a little stockier, but similar speed. Good call. But that's not to say they'll fare the same... could go either way. A lot of it is adjusting to the NFL speed.

infiltrateib said:
tell that kid in your sig that he should try his luck in the NFL next year. Denver should draft him at 3rd.

Justasportsfan said:
tell that kid in your sig that he should try his luck in the NFL next year. Denver should draft him at 3rd.

And he'd probably run for 1,400 behind their line/scheme.

Back
Top Bottom