Matt Roth dropping | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Roth dropping

Iowafin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Mel Kipper's draft kit had Matt Roth, De/lb, Iowa dropping out of the top 25. Anyone think he would be a good fit in Miami? I think he is a heck of a football player and left a lasting impression on Saban when Iowa stunned LSU last year in saban's last college game.

Oh definitely, he can be a 3rd down pass rusher this year for us and by next our OLB.

Iowafin said:
Mel Kipper's draft kit had Matt Roth, De/lb, Iowa dropping out of the top 25. Anyone think he would be a good fit in Miami? I think he is a heck of a football player and left a lasting impression on Saban when Iowa stunned LSU last year in saban's last college game.

I wouldn't mind seeing him personally. Me being in Iowa.

But with so many holes on offensive side. I don't think this will be a big draft for us defensively. but then again I am not Nick Saban. And who knows who he actually has targeted to draft.

Iowafin said:
I hope Saban has both Roth and Babineaux on his short list. Those two would fit in well with the versatility he wants in front 7 defenders. Roth could be a DE in the 4-3 and Sam OLB in the 3-4. Babineaux could be a 4-3 DT and move out to end in the 3-4. I actually like Jonathan better, though we are talking about different roles, he has to be one of the quickest off the snap I've seen.
As for Roth, if we didn't get Merriman or Pollack early, I'd be glad to see us get him late in the 1st or early 2nd.

Back
Top Bottom