Matt Ryan Contract ATL MUST draft QB | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Ryan Contract ATL MUST draft QB

atlanta is going trade that pick.. they need too much defense help..

Rodgers sat what, 6 years? They can go QB whenever they want. It's not tied to Ryan's contract in any way.

Here are the details of Matt Ryan's contract:

I've heard people say that ATL can't release Ryan after next season because the dead cap hit is $40MM. First, that's not true. If they designate him a post June 1 cut, the cap hit is $25MM in '22 and $15.6MM in '23. That's absorbable if your active QB is on a rookie scale deal. If they don't release Ryan after next season his cap hit will be $48.6MM for 2022 and $43.6MM in 2023!!! And unlike this year, there's no viable option to lower those numbers.

After next season the shell game with his salary is over, they will have about $40MM of cap hit left from previous years AND a cash salary of $24MM and $28MM in '22 and '23. I don't know how ATL can absorb those cash salaries in addition to the $40MM of rollover cap hit from that position.

Atlanta MUST draft a QB because they have to shed salary after next year and a good free agent QB would be too expensive. Their only route is a rookie deal and absorb the dead cap hit by releasing Ryan as a post June 1 cut after next season.

IMO the 1st 4 picks must be QB's (ATL is the only one where people were having questions) and after yesterday, there's no way Cinci tells Burrow he can't have Chase. That means Kyle Pitts is a Dolphin (bittersweet for me because I love Pitts but am also sad to lose out on Smith)
I sure hope so. If Atlanta drafts a QB then we are guaranteed to get either Pitts or Chase.

They do not have to draft a QB at #4. The best 3 QBs are all gone. That is reaching.
IMO drafting the 3rd best QB at #3 is still a reach. Granted, the 49ers made an aggressive trade up so they clearly had a guy in mind. However, I would have been appalled if we used the 3rd pick on a QB.

Despite all the smoke being blown up our asses during this draft season, put all of that BS aside and look at the numbers. The Falcons must draft Ryans replacement THIS YEAR, because his cap hit next year is 48.6 M. FORTY-EIGHT FREAKIN MILLION, for a 35 yr old QB? They won’t be drafting Pitts. They can’t.

Back
Top Bottom