Matt Ryan Contract ATL MUST draft QB | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Ryan Contract ATL MUST draft QB

Was checking out the Falcons board, looks like the general feeling over there is that they will either draft Pitts or trade back.

Was checking out the Falcons board, looks like the general feeling over there is that they will either draft Pitts or trade back.

I think it will be Pitts unless they get an offer they just can’t refuse to move out of the 4th pick. I just don’t see them drafting a QB and as much as defense is their biggest need, I just think they will view Pitts as a greater addition to their offense than any defensive player would be to their defense.

Rodgers sat what, 6 years? They can go QB whenever they want. It's not tied to Ryan's contract in any way.
He sat for 3 years but I just don’t see the Falcons drafting a QB in this draft. They will either trade down or draft Pitts. I think the Broncos and possibly the Lions can probably remain where they are and still be able to draft a QB if they want to. So I think the Falcons will likely stay at 4 and draft Pitts.

Whats wrong with sitting rookie qb 1 2 years and let them mature? Ask Rogers.
Dude, completely different scenarios...You know better.

Rodgers was picked in latter part of first round. Cap issues were nowhere close. Rodgers didn’t even make $1.8 million per year. The 4th overall pick this year will have a cap hit between $6-7 million.

The Packers were expecting Favre to retire soon. Sitting Rodgers THREE years was never the plan.

QBs on their second contract are making $30 million plus now. Rodgers initial extension was for $10 mill per.

No one is drafting QBs in the top 10 and sitting them two years anymore. It only leaves a couple of years before you have to decide whether to pick up that massive fifth year option (which also didn’t exist back then).

Rodgers was picked in latter part of first round. Cap issues were nowhere close. Rodgers didn’t even make $1.8 million per year. The 4th overall pick this year will have a cap hit between $6-7 million.

The Packers were expecting Favre to retire soon. Sitting Rodgers THREE years was never the plan.

QBs on their second contract are making $30 million plus now. Rodgers initial extension was for $10 mill per.

No one is drafting QBs in the top 10 and sitting them two years anymore. It only leaves a couple of years before you have to decide whether to pick up that massive fifth year option (which also didn’t exist back then).
Well said..although I still am not CONVINCED they take a QB...swear though, I hope they do!

Mahome sat 1 year. Turn out pretty good.

They need defense too so hopefully they trade back.
Not sure there’s a better defensive player on the board at that time than Pitts or chase. if they trade back for someone else who wants a QB that would be sweet and is probably what you are saying.

Not sure there’s a better defensive player on the board at that time than Pitts or chase. if they trade back for someone else who wants a QB that would be sweet and is probably what you are saying.
I don't think a player like Surtain Jr. is worthy of the 4th pick...I heard some say home. Parsons is more worthy but they may not need LB help..not sure all their needs! :shrug:

Yes trade back for more picks.

I am just asking is this possible, not likely but possible.
The New coach Arthur Smith has enjoyed Derrick Henry. Pounding the ball.
Smith has been involved with that the last few highly productive years for Tennessee.
That is his offense .
With that said I don’t think it’s out of the realm of talks in national lying month aka the draft.
for Atlanta to consider getting there own battering ram In RB Najee Harris.
They have studs at WR. A very good QB , a TE they sent draft pick for from Baltimore .
they DONT have a Stud RB.
At the end of the day considering those facts and how a controlled offense would help there Defense ,
I think it’s a posssibilty.
Put aside your personal bias of who you want left for Miami and look at this as can it happen ?

I am just asking is this possible, not likely but possible.
The New coach Arthur Smith has enjoyed Derrick Henry. Pounding the ball.
Smith has been involved with that the last few highly productive years for Tennessee.
That is his offense .
With that said I don’t think it’s out of the realm of talks in national lying month aka the draft.
for Atlanta to consider getting there own battering ram In RB Najee Harris.
They have studs at WR. A very good QB , a TE they sent draft pick for from Baltimore .
they DONT have a Stud RB.
At the end of the day considering those facts and how a controlled offense would help there Defense ,
I think it’s a posssibilty.
Put aside your personal bias of who you want left for Miami and look at this as can it happen ?

I would bet you literally anything in the world you want that Najee Harris does not go #4 overall...

Back
Top Bottom