Matt Schaub | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Schaub

Halifax

Canadian Phin fanatic
Reaction score
This might be a bad post, I'm not sure, but I wanted to ask everyone opinion on Matt Schaub. The Falcons obviously have no intentions on starting him unless Vick gets injured. Is it inconceivable to think of a situation where we could trade one of our QB's, and maybe a pick for this guy? He is performing incredibly every time he comes into a game. He is IMO the best QB of the preseason.
Is it just me or is this guy looking like the real deal? And why do late round QB's always seem to be better than early picked QB's??

Also remember, he's playing a lot, and he's the rookie that is playing with all first team offense.... Ahh what am I sayin.. he was a third round guy, we had a shot at him, but we traded for Feeley.. We just better hope Feeley is a gift from god.....

Halifax said:
This might be a bad post, I'm not sure, but I wanted to ask everyone opinion on Matt Schaub. The Falcons obviously have no intentions on starting him unless Vick gets injured. Is it inconceivable to think of a situation where we could trade one of our QB's, and maybe a pick for this guy? He is performing incredibly every time he comes into a game. He is IMO the best QB of the preseason.
Is it just me or is this guy looking like the real deal? And why do late round QB's always seem to be better than early picked QB's??
THat's the same as getting Feeley...Same deal.....Give up a pick for a guy who looked alright, but has never played.?

im not sure why everyone here seems to think you can just trade a pick for someone or even a player for that matter. i guess thats been wanny M.O. for his 4 years of GM. have you seen how matt schaub has looked? ok, so have the falcons. HE ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE.

I just read that if Vick keeps being a baby about minor injuries then Mora might play Schaub since he looks so good with the first team every time he takes the field.
I live in VA and this kid is the truth.I wanted us to take him after we realized we weren't going to get Rivers.

dne spins said:
im not sure why everyone here seems to think you can just trade a pick for someone or even a player for that matter. i guess thats been wanny M.O. for his 4 years of GM. have you seen how matt schaub has looked? ok, so have the falcons. HE ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE.
The Falcons will send him somewhere if there is interest. DO you think they will just wait for his contract to expire and get nothing for him? HE is already looking like the best QB out of the draft, at least in preseason play. He has played against first team defenses and done extremely well. IMO this isn't like the feeley situation ay all. Feeley does not have the natural talent Schaub has, and Schaub is a rookie. Remember the biggest reason Schaub was a late pick was because of his surrounding talent in college and the fact that the "scouts" didn't see his skills developping into the pro level. Well it appears they were wrong. I think the Dolphans need to address "QB for the future" even still after the Feeley deal. Even if Feeley plays well this year, he is not going to be Pro-Bowl QB and thats what the team needs.

Halifax said:
The Falcons will send him somewhere if there is interest. DO you think they will just wait for his contract to expire and get nothing for him? /QUOTE]

what the hell are you talking about bro?

dne spins said:
Halifax said:
The Falcons will send him somewhere if there is interest. DO you think they will just wait for his contract to expire and get nothing for him? /QUOTE]

what the hell are you talking about bro?
They are going to get something for him if they can. DO you think that he is going to stay there after his contract expires if he's not starting?? Also, Rich McKay isn't the kind of guy that would tie down a guy from getting a chance to start somewhere else. I don't know what you are confused about dude? I was pretty clear. Some team in the league is going to want to give this guy a chance to start and I don't see Atlanta being that team unless Vick breaks his leg again. Their FO already said that Schaubs only problem is that Vick is a Falcon too.

You couldnt get Schaub from the Falcons for a Kings ransom. Vick hasnt caught on to the new offense & seems to be fragile. Schaub will be calling signals a bunch this year, it appears.

I agree that Mora don't take to well to Vick!
Vick has been babied his whole career from college to pros and Mora won't play that at all.
Vick is highly overrated I think!

finregime said:
I agree that Mora don't take to well to Vick!
Vick has been babied his whole career from college to pros and Mora won't play that at all.
Vick is highly overrated I think!
Vick is overrated? Please. Mike Vick is the best player in the NFL right now and potentially could be the best player the league has ever seen. The Falcons would be crazy to bench Vick to start Schaub or whatever his name is.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them do it though, after all they are the Falcons, the same team that cut Brett Favre.

BengalsFan said:
Vick is overrated? Please. Mike Vick is the best player in the NFL right now and potentially could be the best player the league has ever seen. The Falcons would be crazy to bench Vick to start Schaub or whatever his name is.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them do it though, after all they are the Falcons, the same team that cut Brett Favre.

Being the most dynamic player besides Randy Moss in the entire NFL doesn't make you a great QB. I realize Vick hasn't had a good chance for the most part because of injuries but putting him in the Hall Of Fame at this point in his career is quite funny.

I am no defender of the Falcons but Brett Farve was out of control as a youngster. He deserved to be cut by the Falcons and has said as much several times over the years. He admits to drinking heavily and not taking practice seriously at all.

Back
Top Bottom