Matt Turk Deserves his Recognition! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Turk Deserves his Recognition!

Disnardo

Premium Member
Reaction score
Now, I have been seeing a few fans complaining about Matt since the end of last season, and I don’t know why the complaints, after looking at his stats.

He, as all fans know, had 98 punts last season, breaking a team record. Of the 98 punts, only 44 were returnable, which is an astonishing 45 %...

Now these 45 returns averaged 5.5 yds/per/ return, that was the 2nd best effort in the NFL last year. That is an improvement over his stats in the last few years…

Also Matt was tied for 1st place, in a 4-way tie, for combined most punts inside the 20 and Touch Backs (with 29 inside-20; 10 for TB) …

Considering the up and coming talent of Wes Welker, I believe he and Matt deserve Special Teams MVP recognition… :)

And have you seen the guys arms? Biggest punter ive ever seen, that deserves some recognition 2.:lol:

LOL Turk should of stayed on for the first 3 plays before he punted it he could of been a better asset at QB.

13finfan4ever said:
i totaly agree. lol check out #1 Blow your favorite Fin
Disnardo nice post
LOL, did not see it earlier, but I checked it out. Who says that Wanny best game plan did not workout...

run...run...run...punt...

It did for Matt...

Thanks, 13fin... ;)

Disnardo said:
Now, I have been seeing a few fans complaining about Matt since the end of last season, and I don’t know why the complaints, after looking at his stats.

He, as all fans know, had 98 punts last season, breaking a team record. Of the 98 punts, only 44 were returnable, which is an astonishing 45 %...

Now these 45 returns averaged 5.5 yds/per/ return, that was the 2nd best effort in the NFL last year. That is an improvement over his stats in the last few years…

Also Matt was tied for 1st place, in a 4-way tie, for combined most punts inside the 20 and Touch Backs (with 29 inside-20; 10 for TB) …

Considering the up and coming talent of Wes Welker, I believe he and Matt deserve Special Teams MVP recognition… :)
agree with you.

I came very close to breaking my tv several times when Royals was our punter.....man he was horrible. I miss Reggie Roby and the way he use to boom it out of there. But Turk gets the job done...maybe I will have to order a Turk jersey with his #1. LOL :D

Turk is a damn good punter, he is a **** load better than Mark Royal.

Jimi said:
And have you seen the guys arms? Biggest punter ive ever seen, that deserves some recognition 2.:lol:

I would venture to say Reggie Robbie was bigger.

Jimi said:

Todd Sauerbrun-formerly of the Panthers, now with Denver. That guy is solid as a rock.

SCall13 said:
Todd Sauerbrun-formerly of the Panthers, now with Denver. That guy is solid as a rock.

Thanks to BALCO. :D

Turk has always been a head hunter, looking to make the tackle when he can. He just shouldn't try to run the ball unless told to do so..

I remember our collapse in NE in 2003. When we were up by 11 and only needed a win to assure playoffs.

Some blamed Fiedler, some blamed our collapsing defense, some blamed the play calling.

But not to many if any mentioned the nice 11 yard punt he had that set the Patirots up for their game tying FG that brought the game to overtime after the offense dropped 3 passes in a row and went 3 and out.

Alot different story having to go 20 yards for a FG rather then starting the drive in possible FG range already

SCall13 said:

I also think Todd is on steroids....not just by his bulk but they way he acts on the field and sidelines. Shanny is now stuck with him.

I remember just 1 bumbass play by turk when he bobbled the snap and instead of punt (he had time) he tried to run for the first down and got tackled 12 yards shy

Back
Top Bottom